• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES: RD.17

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES  

312 members have voted

1. 1. SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES

77 posts in this topic

I have to go wih Steranko this time, everyone else had such a huge body of work, and in the case of Adams, his DC cover work & late silver panel work just was too important.

Yup. Sterankos time. Brilliant, innovative, but a flash in the pan compared to th eindustry's greats who careers spanned 40 years each on average.

I went with Adams. Yes, he did a significant amount of work in the SA, but his biggest work was in the BA, and hey, he made the top 5, which is pretty good. And besides, he's not my favorite of the final 5 anyway.

I went with Adams. Yes, he did a significant amount of work in the SA, but his biggest work was in the BA, and hey, he made the top 5, which is pretty good. And besides, he's not my favorite of the final 5 anyway.

Ditko, I mean Ditto! Begone Adams! Nice covers, but you are everyone's number one (almost everyone's) Bronze Age favorite!

my least favorite of this group is kubert. Adams silver age x-men are so great that i still feel he is worthy even if the lion's share of his work is in the bronze age. Ditko gave me spider-man and doctor strange so he is tops IMO. Kirby is the king and steranko is just an incredible psychedelic statement. Kubert i am the least familiar with but is obviously a fantastic artist as well- i just have never really been moved by any of his work like i have with the other four.

Goodbye Ditko. He may have worked on Spider-Man, but he was IMO, not even close to the artist that the others are on this list.

He may have worked on Spider-Man?Please.He did every kind of book at marvel.Just as important as Kirby and a much better artist.I voted for Romita err Steranko.

Goodbye Ditko. He may have worked on Spider-Man, but he was IMO, not even close to the artist that the others are on this list.

He may have worked on Spider-Man?Please.He did every kind of book at marvel.Just as important as Kirby and a much better artist.I voted for Romita err Steranko.

Ditko will not win, but he's not going yet! I hope... He's top three for me. Im going Steranko, Adams, Diko, Kubert and King Kirby cause he deserves it.

I dare say that in 40 years, Ditko's Spidey covers will the most valuable Comics artwork, but the Silver Age was Kirbys Era.

Time for Ditko to go. Without his Spidey connection he would be out before the top 15.

What kind of logic is that? Shouldn't a person be judged on their greatest work? Why would you discount the best work a guy ever did, just because it happened to be on the greatest title ever? Without Steve Ditko, Spider-man could have been very easily been Ant-man. The simple fact that Steve Ditko and John Romita made Spider-man the most important character in the last 50 years and maybe ever should guarantee they were in the top 5 and should be in the top 3.

Time for Ditko to go. Without his Spidey connection he would be out before the top 15.

What kind of logic is that? Shouldn't a person be judged on their greatest work? Why would you discount the best work a guy ever did, just because it happened to be on the greatest title ever? Without Steve Ditko, Spider-man could have been very easily been Ant-man. The simple fact that Steve Ditko and John Romita made Spider-man the most important character in the last 50 years and maybe ever should guarantee they were in the top 5 and should be in the top 3.

We're voting for our "favorite" artists, not most important or influential. I'm voting based on who I like the best. Ditko would make my top three based on that.