• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TOS #39

42 posts in this topic

Not quite sure what to say here ... if this is ungraded -- which it certainly looks like -- you need to see if they have any more books. This looks so sharp to me I thought it was a reprint at first.

I have to agree about the trimming possibility ... I'd send it to CGC right now.

On the grade ... gotta be a 9.4 with reservations.

Too nice to be the real thing right? Is this a reprint? Edges on cover look impossibly sharp. I hope it hasn't been trimmed. :wishluck:

I did a quick search on Google and didn't come up with any reprints...

If this is the real thing, I'd give it the highest grade that allows that quality paper--if it's OW then 9.6, if it's COW then 9.4?

I just stared at this book for ten minutes in disbelief. How can you possibly post this scan without telling us anything? I can see you now, leaning back in your Lazyboy, cigar in your mouth with your hands behind your head thinking, "Let them chew on that for a while, mwa ha haaaa!"

I just stared at this book for ten minutes in disbelief. How can you possibly post this scan without telling us anything? I can see you now, leaning back in your Lazyboy, cigar in your mouth with your hands behind your head thinking, "Let them chew on that for a while, mwa ha haaaa!"

:signfunny:

It's probably more that he doesn't want any of us to find out where he got it--maybe a secret attic find?

9.0 Possibly higher!!! Holy Smokes... With all due respect Stevie Wonder and Ronnie Milsap would grade it a minimum 9.4 !!! If this book is as nice as it looks... There isn't much overhang. Not enough to keep it out of a slab. I'd only be slightly worried about the resto. check. If it goes through clean it has a chance at being top 2-3 in the CGC census.... With the movie coming out it's worth a lot of $$.Even without the movie it's worth a lot of $$...

TOS39FC.jpg

TOS39BC-1.jpg

Pages are off-white at best.

That's a phenomenal book, and if not already slabbed...(toying with us)....then I'd say 9.2+...

Doesn't look trimmed to me, and doesn't look like the overhang would prevent slabbing.

Restored? Back corner whites look a bit off, staples look a little dark on the top...but I'm sure it's just my eyes.

my 2 cents.