• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #619 - 3 Different covers. Which one is rarer?

46 posts in this topic

That brings up a good question.... Has there ever been a case of the second print being worth more than the first? I know that happened w/ Cry of Dawns for a while.

What about Batman nº612 second print?!

Is this one a rare to find?! Possible nice price?! wink.gif

I don't recall, actually. I ordered less than a dozen copies, since every Spidey title being printed had sucked balls for about 3 years prior to that... But I jumped on the bandwagon HARD after reading issue 1... Ordered about 80 of #2 and well over 100 of 3 and 4 (I think around 150 of each)... I scaled back to about 30 extra copies for 5-13... Even though I never slabbed any, USM was very, very good to me...

Man, now that's what i call an investisement,lol...

Does anyone know/remember if it was hard to get the white spidey nº1?! I don't remeber seeing it on stores...only in my dreams,lol. smirk.gif

Man, now that's what i call an investisement,lol...

It's funny, but I really didn't view it that way at the time... As a store owner I have an opportunity to vote with the checkbook as to which titles get published. The fans don't. So when I come across books that I want to see continued, I get out my checkbook and order more. I was the 2nd largest retailer order in the country for Powers #2-4, a book that I really pushed hard. I am also consistently the largest retailer order for Patrick The Wolf Boy...

Sometimes my choices make me a nice profit, sometimes they just make me happy. smile.gif

Lighthouse

lol, thanks for the reply and...i din't knew you were a store owner... wink.gif

Did you received a lot of white's nº1?!

How were they distributed to the buyers? One per costumer until it sold out?

I didn't saw anyone of them on the stores...i wish i had... tongue.gif

Saw a set being offered locally today that included 608-619 and all 2nd prints...no retailer version...for $75. I was thinking that was too high. If it disappears in the next few weeks I'll let you know.

Lighthouse

lol, thanks for the reply and...i din't knew you were a store owner... wink.gif

Did you received a lot of white's nº1?!

How were they distributed to the buyers? One per costumer until it sold out?

I didn't saw anyone of them on the stores...i wish i had... tongue.gif

I sold one copy at cover price to a VERY good customer... The other whites I put back in my office until I had a chance to read a copy. After reading one of the red copies, I put a white copy on the wall at $25. It sold the next day. I went and bought three other whites from other local shops and I kept the others back until issue 3 came out. I believe I sold them in the $75 range, within hours of putting them out...

Saw a set being offered locally today that included 608-619 and all 2nd prints...no retailer version...for $75. I was thinking that was too high. If it disappears in the next few weeks I'll let you know.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I can do that set too... $75 is good for me

Flesh pedlin' store...if you could use the word "store" loosely to descibe a strip club tongue.gif

A store with a game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems... cloud9.gif

lol... btw, the Girl Scout says hi... and she told me to tell you that she thought your "Jump The Shark" post about Y was pretty funny...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder what kind of subscription revenue I could get if I broadcast my store's webcam... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Flesh pedlin' store...if you could use the word "store" loosely to descibe a strip club tongue.gif

A store with a game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems... cloud9.gif

lol... btw, the Girl Scout says hi... and she told me to tell you that she thought your "Jump The Shark" post about Y was pretty funny...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder what kind of subscription revenue I could get if I broadcast my store's webcam... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's funny because it's true...

(Whoa, two Homer lines in the same thread! The mind wobbles.)

so why didn't you offer a "HUSH" run discount package starting with 608? 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

A year ago, I viewed this forum as an escape from my daily routine...

Today, this forum IS my daily routine...

Truer words were never spoken . . .