• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Strange Adventures #1

10 posts in this topic

Hello! I just bought this one, haven't received it yet but am anxious to get it graded as the value between grades is so great - thanks for looking!

PS I don't have a lot of experience grading golden age comics, I sent my first batch in over 3 months ago to CGC and am still waiting to get them back. Could someone explain how significant the staple tears (miner, slight etc) are and how the reader creasing is taken into consideration due to the way the comic is stapled/bound. All insight is greatly appreciated!

strangeadv1front.jpg

strangeadv1back.jpg

strangeadv1opena.jpg

strangeadv1openb.jpg

strangeadv1openc.jpg

Kinda hard to see how much of a reader's crease there is, but overall this looks like a very tight book. The way the cover doesn't lay flat when it's open is a good sign that the crease isn't severe.

I'd say it's in the 6.0 range. Some spine and staple stress, some small creases LRC.

Beautiful key comic. Congratulations on owning it! (And welcome to the boards...)

Scans are a little dark and the Back Cover is cropped, but based on what i can see, i'm thinking it's a Fine............

sweet looking key book with nice interior pages and a tight spine.......... (thumbs u

Welcome to the CGC Boards..........