• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
15 15

2,000 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2024 at 10:07 PM, pmpknface said:

I remember looking for a decent pair of copies when completing my set and it took a while.

That makes me feel better. These have been on my wishlist for a while. I don't need high grade but I want good presentability for a fair price.

On 10/11/2024 at 12:15 AM, grendelbo said:

That makes me feel better. These have been on my wishlist for a while. I don't need high grade but I want good presentability for a fair price.

Other than 129, 121, 122, and 102 these 2 were harder to find than any of the 100's in what I deemed acceptable.  Those issues also seem to pop up, it's just a matter of paying for them.  All of this group even more so than #194, which even years later I picked up (that I later graded to be a 9.0), for $10.  

Stay vigilant, you'll find 'em!   (thumbsu

Edited by pmpknface

On 10/10/2024 at 10:25 PM, pmpknface said:

Other than 129, 121, 122, and 102 these 2 were harder to find than any of the 100's in what I deemed acceptable.  Those issues also seem to pop up, it's just a matter of paying for them.  All of this group even more so than #194, which even years later I picked up (that I later graded to be a 9.0), for $10.  

Stay vigilant, you'll find 'em!   (thumbsu

I'm thinking my ASM 194 (VF-ish) I got as a teenager still has it price (a few bucks) penciled on its splash page. We'll see here in a few months. :cheers:

Edited by grendelbo

On 10/11/2024 at 12:07 AM, pmpknface said:

BTW, it's been a while...  have we missed any annuals?  

There wasn't one in 1972.  Spidey Annual #9 came out in summer of '73, but was a reprint of Spectacular Spiderman magazine #2.