• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES: RD.19

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES  

369 members have voted

1. 1. SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES

67 posts in this topic

Im glad kubert outlasted Steranko. I would never have guessed Steranko (great as his small body of work was) would have made it to #4. So now, as great as he is/was, I have to go with Ditko over Kubert. Kubert is one of the big big talents in comics since almost day one... but Diko and Kirby ARE the Silver Age we know and love so well, So be it!

I'm feel sorry doing this because I loved Spidey growing up, but Kubert hands down is the better artist. He used proper form and technique! Look at the way some of spidey's arms bend. Not humanly possible even for a guy who got bit by a spider.

In this picture it looks Hawk is trying to shoot some web while getting is butt kicked in!

Did you ever noticed most of Ditko's everyday characters sort of looked the sam?

Hawk%26Dove-DitkoV1n1.jpg

Kubert got very detailed, we all read Spidey, but as a kid my friends, brother and cousins wanted to be SGT Rock!

167-1.jpg

So reluctently I must dump Ditko!

Sticking with Ditko but the it looks like it would be the Final 2 most guessed. Kirby is clearly the King Of The Silver Age.

Was there every any doubt? Steve could have only given Jack a run for his money if he really stuck with the business. The enormity of Kirby in this hobby, however, mandates his place as the #1 Silver Age artist. I love my Spidey and Steve for bringing him to life, and there is no arguing ASM as the flagship title... but Jack and Stan kick started this whole thing with FF and look at all of the other A-Listers Jack is responsible for. You have to respect that.

steranko_st163a.jpg

Hey, I didn't know Ditko created "King of the Hill!"

Hi Hank! :hi: wattsamatter, you look constipated...?

Rick

Rick, my bad man. I probably could have used a bit more clarity in my original post. That's actually a Steranko drawing from Strange Tales 163. (Thought it nicely illustrated Steranko's fate in the last round.) Ditko got my vote this round.

I know kirby is a legend among alot of people, but I never liked his art. Just because you could draw 4 books of blocky characters a month doesn't make you great, well on the other hand everyone likes jrjr hm