• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade on this Church copy of Wyatt Earp #7 - Grade Posted

43 posts in this topic

Not only is that gun ridiculously long, but his holster still has its gun in it.

He has a strap on his left leg too for another holster on his left side.

:gossip:

:gossip: But the GUN is in his right hand . . . he dead! lol

Not only is that gun ridiculously long, but his holster still has its gun in it.

I'm going to guess here that Wyatt was Right-handed and probably used the "Buntline Special" ( i had one of those in black plastic back when the show was popular in the late 50's) only when he had time to draw it and switch hands. the gun on the right leg would be for quick action.

and i'm thinking 8.0ish................

I'm going to guess here that Wyatt was Right-handed and probably used the "Buntline Special" ( i had one of those in black plastic back when the show was popular in the late 50's) only when he had time to draw it and switch hands. the gun on the right leg would be for quick action.

and i'm thinking 8.0ish................

I defer to Wyatt, Jr. :grin: Obviously, a man in the know :hi:

Got it in today. Thanks for the guesses. Obviously you guys can't grade. :baiting: Good news for me in the grading contest. :devil:

WyattEarpCGC.jpg

I don't get it. Color flecks all along the top, impacted corner on the bottom right back cover, fairly large and noticeable color rub along the spine, plus a couple of spine dings and a couple of soft corners. It's a nice looking book, but a 9.2?

What's interesting to me is that I've seen a ton of undergrading going on in the "guess the grade" area. It appears that no one wants to appear to overgrade, so they outdo each other by being as conservative as possible.

I noticed some REALLY harsh assessments on gcox. CGC graded them MUCH higher than the board members assessed them.

That being said, I would have graded this copy 8.5. Maybe it's a little nicer in hand, and maybe it got the preservation/pedigree bump. 9.2 is a little extreme, however.

I don't get it. Color flecks all along the top, impacted corner on the bottom right back cover, fairly large and noticeable color rub along the spine, plus a couple of spine dings and a couple of soft corners. It's a nice looking book, but a 9.2?

If I remember correctly, what you are seeing at the top is light reflection not color loss. I'll post the grade when it's in hand.

This is correct. That top edge is not nearly as bad as it appears in the scan. The BRBC has a couple of faint NCB stress lines. You can see the spine bur at the bottom of the spine. The color rub on the FC might be production related, I don't know. It has that look of having rolled off the press. Don't discount the power of White pages. Like I said, I had it a 9.0 but a 9.2 is not out of the question. It's really nice in hand.