• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I Hate International Bidders!!!

81 posts in this topic

He has 100% feedback with 100 transactions so that should mean something. However I am not sure why he would file so quickly, if at all. I understand when people file on the 30th day if they still haven't received their item, they want to start a claim just incase (before its too late). Did you email the buyer and ask him what the?

Those pesky foreign bidders bidding up books and increasing item prices for sellers whether they win the auction or not.

And then one of them goes and spoils it all for the rest of the impeccably behaved and patient ones.

Bunch of mountebanks!!!

You're right Andy..shame on us :sorry:

Sorry for the headache, LordRahl.

I'm always willing to sell to international bidders....in fact I think it's pretty cool that there's interest outside the US for US comics. But I can understand why there's reluctance for some US sellers to ship internationally. It requires more tolerance from an unknown buyer for high shipping costs, more patience to receive the package, and more communication on both sides. You're dealing with strangers, and anything the tiniest bit more complicated than "PAY + SEND" is going to be a problem with some ebayers, regardless of where they live.

He has 100% feedback with 100 transactions so that should mean something. However I am not sure why he would file so quickly, if at all. I understand when people file on the 30th day if they still haven't received their item, they want to start a claim just incase (before its too late). Did you email the buyer and ask him what the?

I was thinking the same thing....and did you get a delivery confirmation option?

R.

I wonder what % of business on E-Bay is within the US? Judging by the small number of non-US sellers on E-Bay, it seems safe to say that most of the business involves US buyers/sellers. Why is this? Could it be due to the US consumer's desire to buy all the time while the rest of the world tends to save some for a rainy day?

I wonder what % of business on E-Bay is within the US? Judging by the small number of non-US sellers on E-Bay, it seems safe to say that most of the business involves US buyers/sellers. Why is this? Could it be due to the US consumer's desire to buy all the time while the rest of the world tends to save some for a rainy day?

Or Ebay started in USA first but are far behind other auction houses in oher parts of the world

I had a global priority envelope get to Italy from New York in 2 days. I was shocked. But then it takes 2-3 weeks for Canada? I guess, contrary to popular misconceptions, Italian postmen do not spend all day romancing housewives, writing and reading poetry and sipping espresso at the cafe.

Yeah, I too often get grief when I quote the exact number usps.com has spit back at me. I know, it's a large number, particularly for a slab, but it is what it is. I'm not going to send something via a method that they tell me might take 2 months.

Or Ebay started in USA first but are far behind other auction houses in oher parts of the world

Good point. What convient auction houses do people use overseas? Is there a network similar to e-bay developed for Europe that was in existance prior to e-bay?

Good point. What convient auction houses do people use overseas? Is there a network similar to e-bay developed for Europe that was in existance prior to e-bay?

Almost every county has their own eBay and what people put up for sale there doesn't show up on eBay USA.

The only reason non-US bidders use ebay.com is to search for items which are very US-centric like US comic books all the other stuff we get on our "own" eBay.

Even my small country has 4 or 5 different online auction houses, Ebay is the 3rd or 4th largest and was called something else before ebay took over around 1999 or something.

When I sell on here...and it hasn't been that often, I am always willing to sell to foreign bidders...but I am very reluctant on Ebay lately...I DO, but only if someone asks...

Why? Because I really don't want to write on the auction, that I won't lie about the price that was paid...I think those disclaimers sound rude and awful...and they turn me off, even though I live in the US.

But truthfully, more than 1/2 the bidders I was getting (and this is on glass and china, too) ask me to lie...and mark the item a gift under a certain amount. I'm just not comfortable signing the forms that way...and if it's something breakable, I want to send it insured, and I'm sure that mis-listing it on the customs forms will void the insurance...it's enough of a hassle to collect under normal circumstances.

So...I was just wondering...do any of you guys from outside the US, ever ask a seller to lie on the customs forms?

Just curious how you feel about that?