• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Submission Results...

67 posts in this topic

All of this Metro bashing is really upsetting.

I have found that, when the books are CGC graded, their grading perfectly matches that stated on the holders.

I always look at the big numbers in the top left if I'm unsure :makepoint:

No Metro bashing here; just a couple of board members commenting on their grading.

I didn't bash metro either.

Hater :baiting:

lol

I might start a Mildenhall 'Where Are They Now' thread. hm I know a fair number have been slabbed, and a number have been sold on, and I've got maybe 65 that I took for myself...it might be quite cool to bring them all together again, so to speak.

It might be interesting to see what the slabbed copies have graded out at... hm

Jim

I got a Mildenhall Thor 237 from Nik that is a CGC 9.6 :banana:

And I submitted three Mildenhall "NM+" books myself because they were so sweet. All three came back 9.8 :banana: :banana: :banana:

:o :o :o

doh!

Oh yeah. I forgot. You didn't want me to tell you the results if I submitted them.

I might start a Mildenhall 'Where Are They Now' thread. hm I know a fair number have been slabbed, and a number have been sold on, and I've got maybe 65 that I took for myself...it might be quite cool to bring them all together again, so to speak.

Jim

And I submitted three Mildenhall "NM+" books myself because they were so sweet. All three came back 9.8 :banana: :banana: :banana:

doh!

Oh yeah. I forgot. You didn't want me to tell you the results if I submitted them.

lol

Excellent results, Steve. :applause:

It must have been the Cap #210, Champions #10 and Spotlight #16? (shrug)

Jim

doh!

lol

Excellent results, Steve. :applause:

It must have been the Cap #210, Champions #10 and Spotlight #16? (shrug)

The :applause: belongs to you.

You are right about the Cap 210 and the Champions 10. The third book was the Champions 14. That is the first copy of Champions 14 to go 9.8 and only the second copy of Champions 10.

The Spotlight 16 is a solid 9.4/9.6 but I didn't think it had any chance at 9.8 so I didn't include it in my 9.8 pre-screen. I'm putting together a 9.6 pre-screen and I will include it then.

BTW, you have another customer for life <3

Just got back my first submission to test the CGC waters. Submitted these at Orlando-Con on 20 Sept.

Great. I submitted in Baltimore 9 days earlier and still don't have mine back rantrant

I guess the trip from Baltimore to FL was by bicycle.

BTW, (thumbs u on the grades Jim