• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES: RD.20.

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES  

282 members have voted

1. 1. SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES

76 posts in this topic

Just added a reminder to vote off the least favorite (thumbs u

Two left = less favorite.

But I'm really writing to thank you for running the contests. Fun even when I was frothing at the mouth when we voted off Crumb and Anderson #$%^&$%^&.....

Pedantic Jack

I voted for Kirby to keep it from getting too lopsided. anyone else?

Yes.

I voted Jack out for probably the wrong reasons...or maybe the right ones I dunno.

First Ditko is still alive and I feel has never received enough or sufficient financial recompense for helping create arguably the most exciting Comic Book character.

Two....I still remember the feeling as a seven year old in '64 when I read my first Spidey comic and saw that quirky, blockly style of Ditko's which epitomised those early Spideys.

Pure magic memories.. :cloud9:

[i still remember the feeling as a seven year old in '64 when I read my first Spidey comic and saw that [b]quirky, blockly style of Ditko's[/b] which epitomised those early Spideys.

hmmm... Ever see any work by Milton Caniff (Terry and the Pirates, Steve Canyon, etc.)?

While voting has been fun - this was pretty much a foregone conclusion from the start.

Neal Adams will take similar honors in the Bronze Age poll.

You got that one right.

Copper would be Byrne or Miller as my guess.

Hello? George Perez.

Rick

:headbang:

I can't believe Ditko beat Joe Kubert!!!!

Really look at this! Is that really the second best artist from the silver age. Okay, I'll get over losing my binky. But without Spider-Man Ditko would have been gone about a month ago.

1820_3.JPG

Really look at this! Is that really the second best artist from the silver age. Okay, I'll get over losing my binky. But without Spider-Man Ditko would have been gone about a month ago.

1820_3.JPG

I like it (shrug)

1820_3.JPG

Looks like he is trying to squeeze the hell out of a beach ball while getting bad vibes from the dudes crotch... (shrug)