• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

long box inventory

28 posts in this topic

Well this is why I'm asking:

When checking ebay or other auction sites for inventory restock books some people are showing silver age in the auctions but don't really tell you WHAT silver age books there are & when looking at pictures you can clearly see 1 picture of a few silver / bronze age books but the rest is modern. (shrug)

Collectible Planet has auctions like this that go for more than some one who might have the same kind of books but more.

Would ebay be the place to get restock books for resale OR would it make more sence to try and make a deal with the seller on boards like this one or do the same on ebay.

Anyone that is selling comics "by the longbox" might as well be selling them "by the pound". It's pretty obvious that if a single book or a run is not worth listing, then it's strictly 25¢ bin fodder. Add to this the fact that bidders/buyers don't know the contents of the box, and you can knock this down to 10¢ a piece. So, that works out to about $30 for a longbox.

One last problem is shipping --- even media mail is going to cost, what, about $15 to ship?

I'd suggest you just start attending local cons and asking around. Make friends with the people across the tables. You'd be surprised at what's out there in terms of inventory.

(It's called networking. You use it in business and for your career. Use it in comic books. :gossip: )

See that's what I was thinking SILVERAGE

I contacted some of the people I was looking at books from and asked them what exactly was in the box, some gave a small list others just gave what might be in the box and I then gave them a straight up price and then responded back to me like I offended them.

Just trying to be honest with them but might as well keep my stocking the comic room to small conventions around my area.

My LCS owner buys by the longbox from people who come to his shop to unload their stuff. He buys everything, even junk, but he doesn't pay much for them. He also finds good deals at the end of conventions when other dealers are looking to unload stuff fairly cheaply and/or not wanting to lug all those long boxes back with them.

Anyone that is selling comics "by the longbox" might as well be selling them "by the pound". It's pretty obvious that if a single book or a run is not worth listing, then it's strictly 25¢ bin fodder. Add to this the fact that bidders/buyers don't know the contents of the box, and you can knock this down to 10¢ a piece. So, that works out to about $30 for a longbox.

One last problem is shipping --- even media mail is going to cost, what, about $15 to ship?

For anything over 15 pounds (Which is the limit for Bound Printed Matter), I've found that it's cheaper to just use FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery.

I just sent a 20lb box for $10.00 via FedEx Ground. That's also what we use to send cases of wine which are around 35 pounds each.

For anything over 15 pounds (Which is the limit for Bound Printed Matter), I've found that it's cheaper to just use FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery.

I just sent a 20lb box for $10.00 via FedEx Ground. That's also what we use to send cases of wine which are around 35 pounds each.

Cases of wine??? hm