• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #196 HOT HOT HOT on eBay CHECK OUT CLOSING PRICE

24 posts in this topic

if it's in the neighborhood of $500, that's just stoopid. very common book done when Avengers was pretty popular because Perez and Byrne were doing the art for the issues within 12 or so months of then..lots of copies out there and lots of copies bought by speculators. I guess there aren't a lot of 9.8s in the census...yet. $150, ok, i'll buy into that, but $500-$700???

I'm not knocking the book or anything, but seriously, in the pantheon of villians isn't, let's say, mystique a bit more important, are her first appearances in harder to find copies of ms. marvel near there? or the first appearance of alpha flight, which has spawned series after series.

Seems a little out of line when you can get nearly any other Avengers 9.8 between 150 and 250 for less than $200. I'd love to see more copies get graded as there should be plenty out there. Still, I'd pay well for a 9.8 copy when there are only three available.