• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the single rarest comic book?

123 posts in this topic

New Adventure Comics #13 and #25-27!!!!!!!!

I believe that was the consensus Ian Levine came to when he completed his DC set. Has anyone seen a New Adventure #13 for sale?

didn't thebigloo auction off a copy, missing the back cover, earlier this year?

im sure there was one on CLink earlier this year..... hm

edit below:

yeah, its not on clink anymore but here was a link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=1795054&Searchpage=1&Main=37582&Words=%26quot%3Bnew+adventure+%2313%26quot%3B&topic=0&Search=true#Post1795054

B.

Out of all these rare comics, which rare comics are the ones that everyone wants to own? Not just niche collectors. Of course, I'd love to own the Shield Wizard 14, but that's me. I would say Double Action, Marvel Mystery Annual and AM 26.

New Adventure #25-27 :cloud9:

I forgot to mention this super elusive rarity......have only ever seen 1 in person - Geppi Museum

thats my book I owned from1995 to 2001.

Famous Funnies SERIES1[not the golf cover] is the rarest KEY comicbook.There are 4 copies in exsistance that I have ever seen[this being the nicest..vfplus]..It is in the Gerber book as a Gerber 10!!! It is also arguably the rarest comicbook.Its historical significance is that it is the 1st MODERN comicbook ever sold![AFTER 1933] Sold in dept chain stores...not on a newsstand.

I forgot to mention this super elusive rarity......have only ever seen 1 in person - Geppi Museum

thats my book I owned from1995 to 2001.

Famous Funnies SERIES1[not the golf cover] is the rarest KEY comicbook.There are 4 copies in exsistance that I have ever seen[this being the nicest..vfplus]..It is in the Gerber book as a Gerber 10!!! It is also arguably the rarest comicbook.Its historical significance is that it is the 1st MODERN comicbook ever sold![AFTER 1933] Sold in dept chain stores...not on a newsstand.

:gossip:http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=827&LotIdNo=6061&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true

I just bought "Mod Love #1" - which I understand is somewhat rare. Also, I *think* there must be some books by smaller publishers that were newsstand and rare - such as early issues of: Grand Slam, Freelance, etc. (these are Canadian comics).

I was reading an article in which stated that even the publisher of these comics was offering 5X cover price to readers that had copies a few months after publication because they realized they didn't keep any!

Big Book of Fun Comics has also got to be up near the top in regards to smallest amount of surviving copies.

Big book is a boarder line gerber 9 0r 10...tHERE HAVE BEEN A FEW COPIES TO HIT THE MARKET IN RECENT YEARS.IT IS TUFF THOUGH FOR SURE

help me out here as to my perception on this one....Keen Komics 1 been seen out there? (oversized by the way)

I was just checking a little on this book. Gerber photo-guide does not picture it (No-Show), he also has it listed as a Gerber 9.

Personally have never seen one for sale but upon checking the Heritage Archive they sold one (1) copy back in 2006. That copy was a 1.0 (FR). It's the only one they have sold.

Metro has a #3 for sale currently (only a Gerber 8). lol

I wonder how many of these are really out there too????

help me out here as to my perception on this one....Keen Komics 1 been seen out there? (oversized by the way)

I was just checking a little on this book. Gerber photo-guide does not picture it (No-Show), he also has it listed as a Gerber 9.

Personally have never seen one for sale but upon checking the Heritage Archive they sold one (1) copy back in 2006. That copy was a 1.0 (FR). It's the only one they have sold.

I have never seen one for sale (except mine) which is the Larson copy.....Do not know if there is a church copy. Not saying that it is the only copy, but is indicative of relative scarcity. Same goes with KDF 1/10.....Now you can see why Ernie made a 'special' trip to photograph my Centaurs.....

happy holidays

Hi Jon, I didn't realize that was the Larson!!!

I did want to add that the copy Hertiage sold last year was the only time they had a copy listed (Sold or Unsold). That could be the copy Buttock had seen???

Anyway I hope if someone else has a copy they would post it and Happy Holidays to you as well!!!! (thumbs u

I have never seen one for sale (except mine) which is the Larson copy.....Do not know if there is a church copy. Not saying that it is the only copy, but is indicative of relative scarcity. Same goes with KDF 1/10.....Now you can see why Ernie made a 'special' trip to photograph my Centaurs.....

happy holidays

yeah, KDF 1/10 is the "elusive" one....I have 1/8, 1/9 and 1/11....

gator