• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Advice Thread 4893: Large lot, individual scans or group shot?

Poll!  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Poll!

7 posts in this topic

If you are interested in an ebay auction for 10 comics... how would you want the picture(s) done?

I guess the age of the comics is important. Assume the comics are midgrade bronze... copper or modern not graded by cgc.

For midgrade bronze, I think a group shot and a description of the grades is probably fine. Of course as a buyer I'd always rather have scans, but making & posting ten scans for a common BA lot isn't worth the effort, especially when you see how low they finish on ebay. :eek:

If there are any key books or higher grade issues, you could then supplement the group shot with nice scans for those books.

Ask me what I want? Scans. Ask me what I'd settle for? What's the price? Bottomline for me is I am going to be less willing to spend if I have to accept more risk and scans help reduce that factor. That's my 2c as a buyer.

As a seller, I think Jon is on target.

I would scan the images, then resize them to about 15 to 20%.

create a panoramic image 5 wide and 2 deep and post the panoramic for ebay.

I would state in the auction that "If anyone wants, you can email them the original, full size scans."

It should take about 15 minuets to do each set of 10.

A groups shot will be faster but a little effort might get you a petter price.

I voted for scans, but I distintly remember scanning 10 books for an auction, with a starting price of $1, only to not have them sell. Unless the books are worth somehting, a group shot and grade should be sufficient. Let your feedback rating tell the rest of the story...

Just my 10 cents.......