• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Holiday Raffle - Claim Prizes

495 posts in this topic

Greggy!

Get in here and fix the chart.

These dorks can't do anything right. :kidaround:

I'm done bltches so it's up to you.

(tsk):makepoint::o

How did that word get past the Spoon thingy? PS, I think I fixed it, lol..;)

Use a lower case "L" instead of an "i" :shy:

Updated Winners:

1) FlyingDonut

2) Chrisco37

3) Cloudofwit

4) djpinkpanther67

5) Silver

6) Warlord

7) Greggy

8) Brockley

9) Point Five

10) Skypinkblu

11) Jayman

12) ffcomics

13) Karma23

14) UnrulyAppendage

15) CAP_FFreek

16) MutantKeys

17) DimebagD

18) Worldsbestcomics

19) Sborock

20) MrBedrock

21) gemma

22) cd4ever

23) Anfield Fox

24) topofthetotem

25) toro

Remaining Prize List

Prize #6 : Jim Lee Millennium Edition Hardcover; Ghost Rider: The Visual Guide hardcover (ffcomics)

Prize #9 : Solar 1-10 by Valiant. (Worldsbestcomics) FlyingDonut

Prize #12 : a semi-decent stack of Marvel Giant Size's [6 books] (Ze-Holiday)Brockley

Prize #17 : Raw Flash Lot [13 books] (innocuous) Picked for Joanna by Skypinkblu

Prize #23 : Crafted lead figurine of Gambit, hand painted and individually numbered + UXM #267 (Matmarvel)

Prize #24 : Die Fantastischen Vier 22 + three or four more, all not-very-high grade, all not-very-english... (hesdeadjim)

Prize #31 : Wolverine and Nick Fury: The Scorpio Connection HC and Wolverine #1 (Inhuman Fiend)

Prize #34 : Green Lantern Rebirth CGC 9.4 & in small baggy (destroyer)

Prize #35 : Young Love 100 Page Super Spectacular (Transplant)Shootydog

Prize #37 : Rock 'N' Roll Comics #50-52 (Aug.-Oct. 1992), The Funnies #6 (Mar. 1937) (cloudofwit)

Prize #40 : Conan 41,49,50,54,55,56 + "The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics". (Shadow)

Prize #43 : Cerebus TPB "phone book". It reprints issues 26-50 of Cerebus. (TonyStarkFan)

Prize #45 : new avengers #6 variant (synch)

Prize #46 : I hope someone is a Trekkie [star Trek ornaments] (Robysue) Warlord

Prize #47 : Walking Dead Vol. 1 TPB and a box of Hawaiian Host Chocolate Macadamia Nuts (loboagain) greggy

Prize #56 : print from artist Ivan Flores. This is a large sized print and will be mailed rolled. This has been signed by Ivan also. (Buffyfan)

Prize #61 :Kamandi #1 cgc 7.5 (old blue label), Kamandi #2 cgc 8.0 (topofthetotem)

Prize #62 :Second is a DC Universe Roleplaying game set! (Buffyfan)

Prize #63 :NICK FURY (vol1) #'s 2 ,5, 13, 14.[ All low mid-grade] (DimebagD)

Next Up:

Chrisco37

Greggy!

Get in here and fix the chart.

These dorks can't do anything right. :kidaround:

I'm done bltches so it's up to you.

(tsk):makepoint::o

How did that word get past the Spoon thingy? PS, I think I fixed it, lol..;)

Use a lower case "L" instead of an "i" :shy:

Aha, thanks! I think I failed cussing 101, but it's always nice to learn something new:) You never know when it might come in handy:)

(worship)

Now we're cooking with gas! PM'd #2 through #5 for multiple choices.

This is ROUND 4. #2 through #5 get FIVE TOTAL picks.

After that, everything left goes to FlyingDonut.

Thanks for taking the lead on this Shin,(among the many other people who have chipped in keeping tabs on everything)

Regarding next year, if there is a next year. The thing to remember is who we are dealing with...us NERDS!! You want to be the one that has to write Greggy and tell him a computer picked the worst raffle prize in the bunch for him? Not me. :shy:

That is why the human element, while more work, makes the draw a unique happening, or event if you will. So if Ellen is willing, and the board will have us I will be happy to draw as many names as it takes to assign prizes next year. Be it 10 or 100, but I will be asking for help from those well versed in all things spreadsheets to help me keep track of it all.

Ze-

Thanks for taking the lead on this Shin,(among the many other people who have chipped in keeping tabs on everything)

Regarding next year, if there is a next year. The thing to remember is who we are dealing with...us NERDS!! You want to be the one that has to write Greggy and tell him a computer picked the worst raffle prize in the bunch for him? Not me. :shy:

That is why the human element, while more work, makes the draw a unique happening, or event if you will. So if Ellen is willing, and the board will have us I will be happy to draw as many names as it takes to assign prizes next year. Be it 10 or 100, but I will be asking for help from those well versed in all things spreadsheets to help me keep track of it all.

Ze-

No... see.. everyone RANKS their choices from 1st to last for the prize list. That way, everyone gets the BEST CHOICE for them from their own list (of the remaining prizes.)

It's not as RANDOM but it gives everyone their best choice of what's remaining for each and every pick.

So it'd actually make greggy happy as he would get the best of what was remaining (according to his own ranking of prizes) instead of a random pick.

It would also give the winners (by selection) preferential treatment since they were picked first.

It's like a Fantasy Draft I guess... once a prize is picked, the computer will go down the list of whoever is up next and choose the next highest ranked selection by that person. (And so on, in sequential order and according to your prize rules.) Since it's automated, picking will be near instantaneous but the prize distribution will be optimal based on winner placement and their own Prize Rankings. (SInce different people prefer different things.)

Ze-

No... see.. everyone RANKS their choices from 1st to last for the prize list. That way, everyone gets the BEST CHOICE for them from their own list (of the remaining prizes.)

It's not as RANDOM but it gives everyone their best choice of what's remaining for each and every pick.

So it'd actually make greggy happy as he would get the best of what was remaining (according to his own ranking of prizes) instead of a random pick.

It would also give the winners (by selection) preferential treatment since they were picked first.

Did you just say it would make Greggy Happy? Plus less work?

:takeit:

We will talk next year when it gets cold again.

Ze-

Ze-

Did you just say it would make Greggy Happy? Plus less work?

:takeit:

We will talk next year when it gets cold again.

Ze-

Where's POV's gift? :mad:

Where's POV's gift? :mad:

He didn't tell you? He is making you a mixed tape of raga's and is sending you that instead the War Adventures.

I thought you knew?

Ze-

Here's a tidied-up list of prizes still available:

Updated list and available items:

Prize #6 : Jim Lee Millennium Edition Hardcover; Ghost Rider: The Visual Guide hardcover (ffcomics)

Prize #9 : Solar 1-10 by Valiant. (Worldsbestcomics)

Prize #12 : a semi-decent stack of Marvel Giant Size's [6 books] (Ze-Holiday)

Prize #17 : Raw Flash Lot [13 books] (innocuous)

Prize #23 : Crafted lead figurine of Gambit, hand painted and individually numbered + UXM #267 (Matmarvel)

Prize #24 : Die Fantastischen Vier 22 + three or four more, all not-very-high grade, all not-very-english... (hesdeadjim)

Prize #31 : Wolverine and Nick Fury: The Scorpio Connection HC and Wolverine #1 (Inhuman Fiend)

Prize #34 : Green Lantern Rebirth CGC 9.4 & in small baggy (destroyer)

Prize #35 : Young Love 100 Page Super Spectacular (Transplant)

Prize #37 : Rock 'N' Roll Comics #50-52 (Aug.-Oct. 1992), The Funnies #6 (Mar. 1937) (cloudofwit)

Prize #40 : Conan 41,49,50,54,55,56 + "The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics". (Shadow)

Prize #43 : Cerebus TPB "phone book". It reprints issues 26-50 of Cerebus. (TonyStarkFan)

Prize #45 : new avengers #6 variant (synch)

Prize #46 : I hope someone is a Trekkie [star Trek ornaments] (Robysue)

Prize #47 : Walking Dead Vol. 1 TPB and a box of Hawaiian Host Chocolate Macadamia Nuts (loboagain)

Prize #56 : print from artist Ivan Flores. This is a large sized print and will be mailed rolled. This has been signed by Ivan also. (Buffyfan)

Prize #61 :Kamandi #1 cgc 7.5 (old blue label), Kamandi #2 cgc 8.0 (topofthetotem)

Prize #62 :Second is a DC Universe Roleplaying game set! (Buffyfan)

Prize #63 :NICK FURY (vol1) #'s 2 ,5, 13, 14.[ All low mid-grade] (DimebagD)

If #17 is still available when it's my turn, I'd like it to go to Joanna, she donated 2 things and mentioned that she liked that prize, if it's not available, I'd like my pick to go to BinarySunrise, because he gave Ze so much help in the beginning and triplets are tough..;)

I'm more than happy with my first two picks, thank you all ! (thumbs u

I appreciated the thought :foryou:

Even the dork Warlord got my gift today. :whistle:

Greggy's drek did arrive today. It came in a huge back-breaking box... after digging through mountains of peanuts and cardboard, tossing aside :censored: Marvels that were used as packing material, and then unwrapping layers and layers of bubble wrap as the bundle got smaller and smaller I began to think it was just a ball of bubble wrap with nothing inside. (shrug)

But then my patience was rewarded when finally THIS sweet sweet DC was revealed. This key #1 issue has been Greggy Graded as a 9.8 with WP. :cloud9:

amethyst1-f.jpg

(worship)

There may have been a second comic in the box somewhere, but if so it probably got mixed in with all the tape and bubblewrap and peanuts so it may be awhile before I can dig it out. I can hardly wait! (thumbs u

:whistle:

Ze-

It's like a Fantasy Draft I guess... once a prize is picked, the computer will go down the list of whoever is up next and choose the next highest ranked selection by that person. (And so on, in sequential order and according to your prize rules.) Since it's automated, picking will be near instantaneous but the prize distribution will be optimal based on winner placement and their own Prize Rankings. (SInce different people prefer different things.)

This makes a lot of sense. If done totally randomly you'd get prizes going to people who might not appreciate them, despite the wonderful generosity of the donors.

For instance if I'd gotten a slabbed X-Men randomly assigned to me I'd have used it as a coaster. But since I picked Greggy's drek, I'll use the :censored: as bathroom reading material for the next month. See how that's better? (thumbs u

Ze-

This makes a lot of sense. If done totally randomly you'd get prizes going to people who might not appreciate them, despite the wonderful generosity of the donors.

For instance if I'd gotten a slabbed X-Men randomly assigned to me I'd have used it as a coaster. But since I picked Greggy's drek, I'll use the :censored: as bathroom reading material for the next month. See how that's better? (thumbs u

:acclaim: