• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Iron Fist #14 CGC ??

15 posts in this topic

So what do you think about this? What grade do you think it got? What grade do you think it will get when it is resubmitted? (The slab is damaged.)

I'll post the grade tomorrow night.

Thanks! (thumbs u

ironfist1.jpg

ironfist2.jpg

I hate these games but ill take a stab, ill say assuming they didnt take off much for the overhang and the crunch in the lower right of the back and is that a chunk off the corner of the FC? ill go with 8.5 or 9.0. Thats if that front corner is just folded. Im probably way off. If so, why bother getting it regraded.

I hate these games but ill take a stab, ill say assuming they didnt take off much for the overhang and the crunch in the lower right of the back and is that a chunk off the corner of the FC? ill go with 8.5 or 9.0. Thats if that front corner is just folded. Im probably way off. If so, why bother getting it regraded.

Thanks. It's not really a game...Just seeing what the general consensus is regarding what the grade appears to be upon reslabbing. (The slab is damaged and the owner runs the risk of it being downgraded if it gets reslabbed.)

Thanks. It's not really a game...Just seeing what the general consensus is regarding what the grade appears to be upon reslabbing. (The slab is damaged and the owner runs the risk of it being downgraded if it gets reslabbed.)

Do you mean regraded or reslabbed. Wouldnt it be the same grade if it was just reslabbed, thus no risk?

Do you mean regraded or reslabbed. Wouldnt it be the same grade if it was just reslabbed, thus no risk?

I believe that CGC will REGRADE if it appears that the comic is no longer in the same grade range when they reslab. (Of course, I could be wrong...)

And the Verdict: This just sold on eBay as a CGC 9.4

Personally, I'd really be surprised if this received another 9.4 when it is reslabbed. (I know the person who purchased it.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-FIST-14-CGC-9-4_W0QQitemZ220183963740QQihZ012QQcategoryZ35761QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a 9.4 CGC of this book. It is actually very well graded. I thought it had a 30% chance of getting a 9.6 But it came back @ 9.4 White pages. This book would get a 7.0 if it is resubmitted. It is a shame that this type of damage can occur in a slab. I can't see The CGC grading it @ 9.4 with this type of damage. If they did they were recovering from one he*& of a party!!

Of course it won't receive a 9.4 upon resub. The buyer needs to send that book back to the seller pronto.

don't MANY sellers refuse to accept returns on CGC graded items??

this might make a decent case for pressing............... :o