• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your christmas presents!!

56 posts in this topic

I got some great magic props and things including a "black magic" table.

Wonder Woman seasons 1 and 2 on DVD

Hmm.. what else did I get... lots of things really...

a 10 piece Wüsthof knife set.

a wool and cashmere coat cause my wife is sick of my leather jacket I think.

couple of colognes

Star Wars pop-up book!

Planet Earth HD-DVD set

hmm.. lots of other things too but I'm so tired I can't think straight. I've been on my feet most of the day preparing food!

I got a few books on quantum physics

pretty good x mas.

lol I love these Boards.

Which books did you get? Why did you want them? Please let me know if they are any good. I love that kind of stuff.

That was a mandatory course in my Electrical Engineering Program. :eek: Why would anyone voluntarily study the subject in their spare time?

Why do we love what we love (shrug) I got interested in physics in college and I've been hooked ever since.

Well i got a few books on how u can use quantum physics to define what conciousness is. Its pretty mind boggling stuff but i love books that make me stop and think about stuff. Ive always been interested in quantum physics. I also got the special edition dvd of "What the Bleep do we know" I strongly recomend it. I study the subject because it is absolutly mind numbing.. I love it. It makes me think about things in a different way i never would have.,

"What the Bleep..." was cool. There was a great deal of misleading content in it as well. (The water photos for one.) That said, I loved it. I'm still waiting on a copy of the histroy of the universe that Brian May worked on. (He just finished his degree in physics this year. He's the guitarist for Queen if the name isn't ringing a bell.)

If you haven't watched "Pi," I highly recommend it. It's not got anything to do with physics, but I've found pretty much my friends that liked "What the Bleep..." also enjoyed it.

Good to see there's other geeks that are into this stuff on these boards. I should've known!

I got a few books on quantum physics

pretty good x mas.

lol I love these Boards.

Which books did you get? Why did you want them? Please let me know if they are any good. I love that kind of stuff.

That was a mandatory course in my Electrical Engineering Program. :eek: Why would anyone voluntarily study the subject in their spare time?

Why do we love what we love (shrug) I got interested in physics in college and I've been hooked ever since.

Well i got a few books on how u can use quantum physics to define what conciousness is. Its pretty mind boggling stuff but i love books that make me stop and think about stuff. Ive always been interested in quantum physics. I also got the special edition dvd of "What the Bleep do we know" I strongly recomend it. I study the subject because it is absolutly mind numbing.. I love it. It makes me think about things in a different way i never would have.,

"What the Bleep..." was cool. There was a great deal of misleading content in it as well. (The water photos for one.) That said, I loved it. I'm still waiting on a copy of the histroy of the universe that Brian May worked on. (He just finished his degree in physics this year. He's the guitarist for Queen if the name isn't ringing a bell.)

If you haven't watched "Pi," I highly recommend it. It's not got anything to do with physics, but I've found pretty much my friends that liked "What the Bleep..." also enjoyed it.

Good to see there's other geeks that are into this stuff on these boards. I should've known!

You do know that in "What the Bleep," when that kooky lady JZ Knight is talking, it's actually Ramtha talking (a Lemurian warrior from 35,000 years ago who Knight channels)... :baiting:

A new laptop with 2 120 gig hard drives and a scanner so I can start filling up one of those drives with cover scans -Finally- Oh and thanks to my darling wife -

Tampa :headbang:

300 DVD

Red Dawn Collector's Edition DVD

Bob Newhart's Button Down Concert DVD

Crash Bandicoot Crash of the Titans for Wii game

Curahee - A Screaming Eagle at Normandy book

Dilbert daily desk calendar (for my desk at work)

A couple nice shirts for work

A gift certificate to Amazon.com

Some money

I thought everyone did a great job for someone who is impossible to buy for........, :banana:

Only comic-related stuff, which was a surprise since I don't normally get it, was three EC Archives:

Weird Science Vol. 2

Two-Fisted Tales Vol. 2

Shock SuspenStories Vol. 2

And yes, I already have the first volumes for each.

One of my brother's got me this:

xmas1.jpg

Should keep me busy for a while!

:applause:

I bought that several months ago -- only available in the UK. I'm about 300 pages through it. You'll love it.

xmas1.jpg

I bought that several months ago -- only available in the UK. I'm about 300 pages through it. You'll love it.

How do these versions/editions in this very nice looking book of the REH Conan stories compare to the so-called unedited original versions released in the past couple of years by Del Rey/Ballantine?

I have the 3 Conan's, the Solomon Kane & Bran Mak Morn books from Del Rey, read 'em & loved 'em. But if this is somehow different, I don't wanna miss out!

BTW, any progress on the Conan LP Hellblazer?

xmas1.jpg

How do these versions/editions in this very nice looking book of the REH Conan stories compare to the so-called unedited original versions released in the past couple of years by Del Rey/Ballantine?

I have the 3 Conan's, the Solomon Kane & Bran Mak Morn books from Del Rey, read 'em & loved 'em. But if this is somehow different, I don't wanna miss out!

My understanding (and what it says in the book) is these are the original version from the pulps. Here's the Amazon link... http://www.amazon.co.uk/complete-chronicles-Conan-Centenary/dp/0575077662/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198707678&sr=1-1

xmas1.jpg

My understanding (and what it says in the book) is these are the original version from the pulps. Here's the Amazon link... http://www.amazon.co.uk/complete-chronicles-Conan-Centenary/dp/0575077662/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198707678&sr=1-1

(thumbs u