• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,931 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone, :hi:

I will be having a sales thread on the GA section. Most books are from the following link here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4335276&fpart=599

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4335276&fpart=600

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4335276&fpart=605

Will probably start tomorrow or Wednesday.

Going to be looking to sell a few things this weekend. One of the highlights will be my Stuff of Legend collection lot which includes:

-Stuff of Legend #1 CGC 9.9 (one and only on the census)

-Stuff of Legend #1 Larry's CGC SS 9.9 (one of 5 on the census)

-Stuff of Legend FCBD nn CGC 9.8

-Stuff of Legend #1 Boogeyman Edition #25 of 100

plus some HG raw copies of all the regular and variant issues from the first series.

Should have these up by Saturday if all goes well, I may also let go of my Ben Templesmith CGC SS collection of books also.

See you all then. (thumbs u

Wheres the sale? cant find it.

Sorry, work getting a little hectic will get them up this weekend coming.

I have had a nice group of books graded but waiting for them to be returned..here is the list and will all be for sale, scanned and posted when they do show up. ( I am hoping next week)

Amazing Spider-man #69 9.2 ow/w

Avengers #55 9.2 ow/w

Daredevil #24 9.6 ow/w

Detective #365 ow/w (A great cover really nice book)

Detective #387 9.4 WHITE

Iron Man #6 9.4 (was sure it would have been a 9.6)

Sgt Fury 28 9.0 WHITE

X-men #104 9.0 BUT glue noted on spine...

Also multiple copies of Conan #1 and #2 ALL graded 9.2,9.4,9.6 either WHITE pages or ow/w. There is a Conan #1 9.6 BUT qualified as the bottom staple separated from the cover...unfortunate but will be listed at probably close to 1/2 the 9.6 going price..

Thanks,

Steve

I will be having a sales thread that will sell out pretty instantly this weekend. My prices will be fairly low. Graded books will include an IDW Signed Edition, True Bloods, James Pattersons and more (including a few Crow books).

:o

:popcorn:

I'm entertaining the idea of breaking up all of my Marvel and DC Silver and Bronze Age complete runs (except my Spidey related stuff), selling off all of the low to mid grade stuff and reinvesting the money generated in strictly higher grade Marvel slabs. hm

So what do you guys think?

I'm entertaining the idea of breaking up all of my Marvel and DC Silver and Bronze Age complete runs (except my Spidey related stuff), selling off all of the low to mid grade stuff and reinvesting the money generated in strictly higher grade Marvel slabs. hm

Low grade to me always depends on price point, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out to fill some gaps and hopefully pick up a deal or two...what titles are you putting on the chopping block? :popcorn:

Edited by Snake Eyes

Low grade to me always depends on price point, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out to fill some gaps and hopefully pick up a deal or two...what titles are you putting on the copping block? :popcorn:

I'm still hesitant to break up my mainstream Marvel complete runs (FF, Avengers, Hulk, Daredevil, X-Men, Thor, etc.) but I might do that too. Definitely considering the off-shoot titles such as Marvel Tales, Marvel Super-Heroes, Marvel Spectacular, Marvel Spotlight, Moon Knight, Hero for Hire and so on. Also considering breaking into some of the complete DC runs I have (Metal Men, Metamorpho, Mister Miracle, Teen Titans, Flash, Lois Lane, Atom, Aquaman, etc.).

Will be starting a large Marvel Mostly Mid Bronze, early copper and a few SA later tonight. Most are higher grade, but all raw. Purchased majority of this collection from original owner 10 years ago. Power-Man/IF, ASM, Avengers, MTU, few X-men and Wolverine are highlights with some oddballs thrown in.

Do most prefer larger scans then photobucket thumbnails on these? I dont know which is better seems on older books people use full scans instead.I have about 100 scanned and need to scan about another 25

Would the Mixed Thread be the best place for this or Bronze?

Edited by Fastballspecial

Would the Mixed Thread be the best place for this or Bronze?

Robert, if you are going to have mixed ages, but want to keep everything in one sales thread, then the Mixed Forum is the way to go. You can list everything in there.

And include things other than comics too like cards, figures, etc.

Hate to do it, but I've got my eye on an upgrade and maybe a GA book or two, so I've got 5 cgc books lined up to post tonight...hopefully I can get them on after the Wings game.

TOS 39 (if you can't afford campued1010's nice 4.5; see my sig line), FF 49, FF 50, MS 5, Av 25.

Thanks all,

Jerry

Just a heads up that this evening I will be posting another round of slabs from the Collection of Nikolas Manousaridis (longtime board member nik).

More SA & BA books for your consideration!