• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,914 posts in this topic

Tomorrow morning at about 10AM, I'll be starting the first of a series of sales threads. This one will start with Bronze Action/Adventure and Superman Books. The morning thread will run for about 2 hours and I'll do a 2nd part tomorrow night starting at 8pm  7:30 PM (again for about 2 hours). If I still have scanned books, I will repeat the same hours on Sunday. I should have enough, but it depends on how fast the thread goes.  Once I  finish the Superman books, I'll start the Batman books. 

I've been collecting Superman and Batman for quite a while, but I've been getting away from SA and BA books, so I'm going to be listing that part of my collection during the next few weeks.

I'm going to start with the BA books, then the SA books, then add quite a few 10 cent books, early SA/ Atom Age/GA...whatever you want to call them;). 

There will be one thread for the BA, 1 for the SA and one for the early SA/Atom/GA books, but you can combine the books so that you can take advantage of the shipping discounts.

I plan on listing books for about 2 hours at a time. I'll note the days in advance and the time. If I won't be able to be there at that time, I'll hopefully let you know in advance. There are at least 450 books that I'm going to be listing, so this will take a few weeks. Feel free to accumulate the books and pay at the end, unless you prefer not to wait.

Since these are all raw books, I'm pricing by looking at completed prices on eBay, then I deduct what fees would cost me and a little more.  There will be freebies, lots of them.

I will send invoices at the end of each segment, once you get the invoice, payment is due within 3 days unless we have discussed other arrangements (meaning you want to combine with the Silver or Atom/Gold segments).

If you need time payments, it's probably not a problem, but please PM me before taking anything  so we can discuss arrangements. I will require a downpayment.

One more note: none of these books have to the best of my knowledge, ever been pressed.

Edited by skypinkblu

I am going through some boxes and organizing things a little bit and figure I may as well toss a small sales thread up tonight or tomorrow. So I think that I will list some Incredible Hulk between 150-195 (no 180 or 181 though) - I would say (with my slightly-improving-to-only-lame grading status) rough grades of 4.0-7.5 (none ever pressed) but I will take front and back photos for all books. I may also add some other stuff but nothing planned.

I hope the new year finds everyone hearty and hale!

Okay, 186-201 will all be there but they have some rippling on the left lower corners. There are some stains on the covers but oddly enough interiors look okay. I will have pictures of those to make everything clear.

Then about 15-20 issues from 130-165 that were not stored with those above and are supple without the rippling issues. So that is a more clear picture of what to expect.

Chances slightly increased that I add some other Bronze era stuff. Maybe Amazing Adventures of some such.

Edited by Bird

Man, those Hulk issues between 186-201 are bumming me out as I go over them. At least the others are not water damaged and now I have them ready for ebay if they do not move here this week.

:news:

Octoberfest II is coming! Starting tonight I will be listing 300+ books. Gold/silver/bronze, high grade/mid grade/low grade/ no grade...many of which are new to market. This thread will be more gold-heavy than my previous threads, with maybe 100 golden age issues up for sale. Prices will be as low as FREE and will range up to $2000+. Something for everyone. 

Going to start tonight around 5 or 6 Central, then tomorrow around the same time, then throughout the day on Thursday and Friday. 

6 minutes ago, october said:

Octoberfest II is coming! Starting tonight I will be listing 300+ books. Gold/silver/bronze, high grade/mid grade/low grade/ no grade...many of which are new to market. This thread will be more gold-heavy than my previous threads, with maybe 100 golden age issues up for sale. Prices will be as low as FREE and will range up to $2000+. Something for everyone. 

Going to start tonight around 5 or 6 Central, then tomorrow around the same time, then throughout the day on Thursday and Friday. 

kennyp.gif

28 minutes ago, october said:

@october Please Andy make it 5 so I can be around! :wishluck:
6 is really too late for us overseas, and I am in bad need of sleep… 

Edited by vaillant

3 minutes ago, vaillant said:

@october Please Andy make it 5 so I can be around! :wishluck:
6 is really too late for us overseas, and I am in bad need of sleep… 

I work from 8-4 or so. Hard for me to start much earlier, but I will give it a shot. 

1 hour ago, october said:

7 or 8 EST??  Great now I'm going to be sitting around hitting refresh for an hour :(

Going to be a busy 2 nights in the sales forum. Tonight I'm going to start the last part of my Bronze books, with Batman. Lots of Neal Adams covers, Kaluta, Batgirl, just about everyone:)  I have about 70 books scanned, not including the free ones, so I'm going to split them into two nights. Tonight and tomorrow night, starting at 7:30 each night, probably about 2.5 hours each night. 

Grades will vary, prices will be good and cookies will be available upon request;) 

19 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Going to be a busy 2 nights in the sales forum. Tonight I'm going to start the last part of my Bronze books, with Batman. Lots of Neal Adams covers, Kaluta, Batgirl, just about everyone:)  I have about 70 books scanned, not including the free ones, so I'm going to split them into two nights. Tonight and tomorrow night, starting at 7:30 each night, probably about 2.5 hours each night. 

Grades will vary, prices will be good and cookies will be available upon request;) 

2.30 PM for me… luckily I do not collect Batman!

14 minutes ago, vaillant said:

2.30 PM for me… luckily I do not collect Batman!

Are you sure you don't mean 2:30 AM?  I know you guys are ahead of us by quite a bit but 7:30 PM to 2:30 PM is Alaska or something.

6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Are you sure you don't mean 2:30 AM?  I know you guys are ahead of us by quite a bit but 7:30 PM to 2:30 PM is Alaska or something.

Yes, I miswrote earlier when replying to Andy as well: if he starts at 6 CST, here it will be 1.00 AM, while for sharon is 2:30 AM.
My mistake!
This one’s for you, Andrew, my favorite band from Oceania! xD

I will have a couple of small slab threads tonight-

1) Bronze Age Signature Series (1 new & 3 reholders) + late bronze Blue Labels
2) Modern SS & Blue Labels

Edited by GACollectibles