• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest Results: ROUND 5

19 posts in this topic

Winter 2007/2008 Grading Contest Results - Round 5

Grades received were as follows:

9.0 - 1

9.2 - 2

9.4 - 2

9.6 - 55

9.8 - 63

9.9 - 5

Actual Grade for Round 5: CGC 9.8

Round5.gif

Alternate Link to Results:

http://www.splastic.com/Grading-Contest/Round5.gif

Scoring System

Contest will be 20 rounds. 48 hours between rounds, and person with the most points wins after 20 rounds.

Points are as follows:

5 - correct grade

3 - 1 grade off

1 - 2 grades off

-1 - 3 grades off.

-2 - 4 grades off

I almost hit submit on the last round for 9.8, but chickened out. I should've went for it.

That was a big commitment. If the book got dogged a 9.4 you were you would have been two grades off. It was the safe move to go 9.6 :tonofbricks:

djpinkpanther67 is running away with the ball!!!! :headbang:

I CAN"T BELIEVE IT! yay3.gifyay2.gif I changed from 9.6 to 9.8 in the last few hours! :acclaim:

I thought the ULC of the BC was mushed, but when BlowUpTheMoon blew up the scan, I saw it was a shadow on a crisp cover and PMed Nik with my change.

I was tempted to guess (yes, guess) 9.9, but I was chicken. Buk, buk...

Uh, you're not allowed two votes . . . :baiting:

Uh... couldn't you extrapolate from Nik's response whether you were close or not? Which would mean that changing your guess was... :baiting:

Uh, you're not allowed two votes . . . :baiting:

Uh... couldn't you extrapolate from Nik's response whether you were close or not?

Do you mean Nik's graemlin-laden PM replies? I don't think he's actually giving anyone any hints as to how close they are on the grade, do you?

I mean, just because he always replies to me with " (worship):luhv: <3 :headbang::grin: (thumbs u :banana:" doesn't mean anything, right?

lol

I think the trick is to not over-think it...I looked at this one for about 10 seconds and pulled the 9.8 trigger...my worst score so far was the one I "over-analyzed"...not to say I couldn't pull a face-plant negative in Round 6 but as they say ya gotta play it one game at a time...