• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

I love the Big Hand covers. Anyone have a Strange Adventures 110 to display ?

strangeadventures110001.jpg

Thanks. Probably my absolute favorite cover of all time. The trouble is I have never owned a copy.

That guy must have a 3 stage fogger ( nitrous ) system on that car. Those tires are really smoking.

Here are my copies of SA 110 and MGA 32.

The SA is just a sharp fresh copy I picked up at a Sotheby's auction many years ago. The SA lot was from Murphy Anderson's personal collection.

The MGA is nicer than I thought. Can't remember where I got it.

photo STRADVTS110_zpse33de0c1.jpg

photo MGA32_zps644bb553.jpg

Here are a few more selections from the archives.

photo HOS35_zpsf125af5c.jpg

photo HOS36_zps0b23b593.jpg

photo HOS39_zps5833fadf.jpg

photo HOS40_zps6d27e73f.jpg

And ,of course, everyone's favorite the classic giant P-cover. Well as they say a picture tells a thousand words.

http://s932.photobucket.com/user/JETPICTURES/media/HOS24_zpsd03d3771.jpg.html' target="_blank">photo HOS24_zpsd03d3771.jpga>

Thanks. Probably my absolute favorite cover of all time. The trouble is I have never owned a copy.

That guy must have a 3 stage fogger ( nitrous ) system on that car. Those tires are really smoking.

I suspect the smoke is a way for Gil to avoid having to show where exactly the giant hand is coming from...

Here's my copy. Come to think about it, I don't remember the story, or what the deal with the hand is.

SA110.jpg

Here are my copies of SA 110 and MGA 32.

The SA is just a sharp fresh copy I picked up at a Sotheby's auction many years ago. The SA lot was from Murphy Anderson's personal collection.

The MGA is nicer than I thought. Can't remember where I got it.

photo STRADVTS110_zpse33de0c1.jpg

photo MGA32_zps644bb553.jpg

Thanks for sharing your copy of MGA 32. In terms of color, my copy looks like that outside the slab. That makes a total of two that I've seen--mine and yours. I would love to see more.

That greytone has always grabbed my eye for many ayear now.It's just plain awesome.

Nice HOM #65! Kirby always did great "fleeing people" covers. (thumbs u

Classic hat-flying, tie flipping cover!

Again, those high grade books are stunning.

I suspect the smoke is a way for Gil to avoid having to show where exactly the giant hand is coming from...

Here's my copy. Come to think about it, I don't remember the story, or what the deal with the hand is.

SA110.jpg

I have a pic of my 110 in my set. I love the book.

If I remember the giant hand comes and saves this guy over and over during his life, I don't remember why the aliens felt obligated to help him - bug I remember it was an obligation for something they were the cause of when he was a youth...maybe.

I realize that this House of Mystery 202 is a Bronze Age book but there are SA collectors that don't venture into the Bronze Age so I thought I would post it here. It is my only book that ever came back a CGC 9.8 and with White Pages. It is the only 9.8 in the census. Hoping it remains that way but who knows. Kaluta has always been a favorite of mine.

HOM202_zps2cb1ae67.jpg