• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

Time for this thread's quarterly bump! lol For the half-dozen old-timers who appreciate the DC fantasy/mystery titles (and any single-issue "club" aficionados who may have grown tired of seeing the same dozen Marvel keys posted over and over and over again). Just back from a late-Winter holiday in sunny Sarasota.

:foryou:

HOS02-75.jpg

HOS03-85-RC.jpg

HOS04-70.jpg

These are gorgeous books. Thanks for sharing.

Stunning books, and further evidence that the early books in a series are often the best. :cloud9:

Time for this thread's quarterly bump! lol For the half-dozen old-timers who appreciate the DC fantasy/mystery titles (and any single-issue "club" aficionados who may have grown tired of seeing the same dozen Marvel keys posted over and over and over again). Just back from a late-Winter holiday in sunny Sarasota.

There's a half dozen people who care about these books??!! :o

:insane:

Well here is an early one for yah'.

Courtesy of Mr. Maybruck back in the day.

HOS  1 photo HOS1.jpg

Here's a cool greytone MGA :

230_zpsa9e2a2d8.jpg

Nice, one of my favorites!!!

Coming from the King of DC 1950s and 1960s Sci-Fi collectors that means a lot to me. I'll have to get around to scanning some of my other DC science fiction books--some slabbed and some raw. I just love perusing your collection. I can look at them for hours.

SLR

This is another fantastic set of books, Mr Starr! (worship)

Here's a cool greytone MGA :

230_zpsa9e2a2d8.jpg

Nice, one of my favorites!!!

Coming from the King of DC 1950s and 1960s Sci-Fi collectors that means a lot to me. I'll have to get around to scanning some of my other DC science fiction books--some slabbed and some raw. I just love perusing your collection. I can look at them for hours.

SLR

:blush:

Ah gosh, Thanks.

Beautiful book, Rick. You have some of the most incredible DC SCi-FI books. Wonderful books and vibrant colors on all these books. Here's one of my few House of Secrets that probably measures up to your high standards. The grade is not quite as high as the grade on your books but I tend to buy the book and not just the grade. And besides it is the Bethlehem copy.

HouseofSecrets--Bethlhem_zps81eba64e.jpg

Edited by Stevenrams

Thanks, John. JT's fantasy/mystery collection is pretty amazing. Mine is merely nice. I was normally content with a FN/VF copy (or a FN copy, in the case of MGA), so very few of my books are in the über high-grade zone. 99% of my books were purchased raw. Thankfully, my personal grading standards are a bit stricter than CGC's.

MGA04-75.jpg

MGA05-65-RC.jpg

MGA06-65.jpg

Thanks, John. JT's fantasy/mystery collection is pretty amazing. Mine is merely nice. I was normally content with a FN/VF copy (or a FN copy, in the case of MGA), so very few of my books are in the über high-grade zone. 99% of my books were purchased raw. Thankfully, my personal grading standards are a bit stricter than CGC's.

MGA04-75.jpg

MGA05-65-RC.jpg

MGA06-65.jpg

Incredible copies. Rarely seen in those grades. Congrats! :applause:

MGA04-75.jpg

MGA05-65-RC.jpg

MGA06-65.jpg

Super sweet copies. That MGA 6 is just an impossible book to find in nice shape. Love the HOS 7, one of my favs. :applause: