• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

Love purple covers (thumbs u

SCAN0267_zpsn59llxyb.jpg

purple and gold definitely the best!

I've been around g.a.tor a few times when you'd swear he'd eaten the title of this book.

Defenders_Vol_1_30.jpg

Obviously, the first stringers includes mostly all the superhero titles plus Brave And Bold, Showcase. Now, as far as Str. Adventures and MIS, they are sort of first string second stringers. I don't believe they had the sales statistics of the other superhero titles. They may have out sold Lois Lanes or Jimmy Olsen comics and probably other titles such as House Of Mystery, House Of Secrets, Rip Hunter or Sea Devils. So, IMO, SA and MIS are in-betweeners, but acceptable on this thread. Actually, they have already been posted quite a bit on previous pages in the thread.

So, let 'er rip.

photo STRADVTS138_zpsb1572f00.jpg

photo STRADVENT153_zpsa2909eec.jpg

Edited by RICK STARR

Obviously, the first stringers includes mostly all the superhero titles plus Brave And Bold, Showcase. Now, as far as Str. Adventures and MIS, they are sort of first string second stringers. I don't believe they had the sales statistics of the other superhero titles. They may have out sold Lois Lanes or Jimmy Olsen comics and probably other titles such as House Of Mystery, House Of Secrets, Rip Hunter or Sea Devils. So, IMO, SA and MIS are in-betweeners, but acceptable on this thread. Actually, they have already been posted quite a bit on previous pages in the thread.

So, let 'er rip.

photo STRADVTS138_zpsb1572f00.jpg

photo STRADVENT153_zpsa2909eec.jpg

:o

I figure it's all good stuff we post and that SA 153 is off the scales of greatness :applause:

What a beautiful book!

but the title is "DC Sci Fi" not "DC"..so I figure there is a 1st string among the sci fi and a second string. I think RIp Hunter and Tales of the Unexpected might be the second string with Strange Adventures and Mystery in Space being the 1st string among DC sci fi...at least during their respective "golden" eras in the 50s and 60s

You are posting some really sweet copies lately! :o

Thanks. I know some of these books are common and may have campy covers, but they are tremendously difficult to find in higher grades. And, just trying to keep this thread alive.

photo HOM108_zps857c527e.jpg

photo HOM107_zpsfa833f70.jpg

Edited by RICK STARR

Thanks. I know some of these books are common and may have campy covers, but they are tremendously difficult to find in higher grades. And, just trying to keep this thread alive.

photo HOM108_zps857c527e.jpg

photo HOM107_zpsfa833f70.jpg

You have absolutely the best DC 1950s and early 1960s Science Fiction Comics I've seen. Your copies are beautiful. I still have many of mine in High Grade but I keep them raw since they're so much fun to read. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Stevenrams