• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

Thanks, Doc. :foryou: As a kid, I read anything that crossed my path. But nothing captured my imagination like 10-cent era DC sci-fi. :luhv:

Right, I am a big fan and collector of those. TOTU, Strange Adventures, House of Mystery/Secrets, etc.

Don't mention this to anyone, but the last six months I have secretly been building a base of operations on a deserted asteroid. :banana:

Thanks, Doc. :foryou: As a kid, I read anything that crossed my path. But nothing captured my imagination like 10-cent era DC sci-fi. :luhv:

Do you need a surrogate son to include in your will? :wishluck:

Thanks, JT. :foryou: For me, #106 and 107 were the toughies (in the post issue #100 range). I know nicer copies exist, but they're either locked up in semi-permanent collections or priced well above my comfort zone. Fortunately, FN/VF books have always been good enough for me.

SA%20106-75.jpg

SA%20107-70.jpg

Absolutely, those issues 100-110 are all tough. I have pretty decent copies that I just haven't had slabbed. F/VF-VF are high grades for those books.

photo STRADVTS82_zpsc42cb792.jpg

photo STRANGEADVT96_zps5212e22a.jpg

Edited by RICK STARR

Beautiful! I just love how colorful the DC silver books are. The logos, the backgrounds, they all contrast so nicely.