• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #48 - STILL a major key book?!?!

142 posts in this topic

So I'm supposed to sit here quietly and let you smack me in the face with your stupidity? Not on THIS plane of existance.

"Each plate accounting for 12 pages"

Didn't I say that about 6 posts up above, genius? Do you actually read the posts before you put both feet in your mouth? I said that the pages are not printed separately, if you bothered to read my post. I also said that MULTIPLE COVERS were printed at the same time for OTHER of that month's issues as well. It's all right above, if you would have bothered to read. Once again, in Shuley fashion, you jumped the gun. I SAID the plates were large. I was speaking of whatever engraved entity is used for the pages and covers to be imprinted with ink on. I see two distinctly different patterns on the books I mentioned in the fine detail of those issues but instead of addressing THAT issue, you chose to "lay into me" the same way you did when you made a complete fool out of yourself on the X-Men 7 scan. Why am I wasting my time with you? You know even less of the mechanics of how these books were printed and distributed in 1966 than you do of everything else you profess to know. I asked an insufficiently_thoughtful_person a question. I won't make that mistake again.

Interesting. A nurse that spends money like water on Ebay. Do you really think a woman that looks like Mrs. Meth would be attracted to and happy to be with a male nurse. Take a good look at what's hanging on your brother's arm and compare, for the sake of a reality check (he is a nurse, isn't he?).

C'mon Shuley, let's do the whole Nurse thing again in case anybody missed it.

Well my wife is Morgan Fairchild. Once again Meth you have bested everyone on this forum - bunch of worthless, knownothing geeks! Beauty of the internet - anyone can claim anything and it is true simply because the speaker says so. You can be a girl, you can be a supergenius, you can be a superhero - who can disprove any of it? I think I am just going to create a complete new identity for myself today -and get my secretary to figure out how to work the scanner so I can get a scan up of some sleezy chick. Ahh - the important things in life!

Well my wife is Morgan Fairchild.

Wow, you watch Smallville every Tuesday with Morgan Fairchild??? I watch it every week in the company of Gisele Bundchen (from the Victoria's Secret catalog!) tongue.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

Just joshin',

Gene

There you go again! I have a perfectly lovely American bimbo and you have to have a Euro-babe. And No Morgan does not watch Smallville. I actually have a harem of beauties as I am an old school mormon and usually watch tv with Teri Hatcher or Bjork ( how's that for a Euro-babe)! I have never wanted to brag about my harem before but this thread has finally made me divulge the whole truth.

I actually have a harem of beauties as I am an old school mormon and usually watch tv with Teri Hatcher or Bjork

Yeah, Clobberin', I know how it feels. On Thursday night, I just want to kick back and watch "CSI", but Kylie Minogue keeps coming over and prancing around my living room in her underwear. It's so distracting! And then no sooner does she leave then Gisele and all her Brazilian Victoria's Secret model pals come over and do the same while I'm trying to watch "Without A Trace". And I can't seem to get through the latest issue of Amazing Spider-Man in just one sitting because Kirsten Dunst keeps beckoning for me to come back to bed. Sheesh! Women are just so demanding... wink.gifgrin.gif

Gene

What makes you think he's a counselor?!?! This is the Internet, remember? We can be anything we want to be.

I think he's a product designer for a tampon company by day who pimps a band of broads around DisneyWorld by night. My own current job is as a Lead Usability Tester for Victoria's Secret. My favorite part of the job is interviewing new test subjects; we have to have girls with very specific dimensions to test our different sizes. The modelling they have to do is rather stimulating. laugh.gif

ROFL!!!!!!!!! Hokey smokes! (Ah, Rocket Red, where are you now when we need you most??)

Yeah, I just saw Meth's "tag line"... so, am I fourteen or fifteen different people now? It's pretty cool that I'm Arch now, I must say. I think next time I might appropriate Jesus' identity. That Jesus, he really had the gig, no?

Oh, and sorry to tell you, but yeah, 5'9 is short. And rather than diving into an overly-obvious "short" comment, I'll just say something about how you're probably actually lying about being even 5'9... which is just so impossibly sad I might cry... but don't worry, they will be tears of laughter.

;*

I usually don't get on the forum during the weekends, but I sure am glad I did this past one!!!! I figured that the tagline was the last hurrah for ole' Meth. Sad to see him go really (he had some interesting things to say when he stuck to comics), but I guess Arch had had enough. So Arch, is that it? Is he banned for life or just serving a long term suspension?

Chris

Meth banned!?!? That, coupled with the death of the official market crash thread (and all the associated thread hi-jackings about the crash, exclaiming the crash, defending the crash, and "I told you so's" about the crash), and the reduction in the bitter/negative posts I've noticed lately, might just be enough to make it safe (sane?) enough around here to start posting again wink.gif

Hello, Just saw this thread and I have a pretty straight forward ?. What is the consensus now and long term(please explain what long term is to you) for a FANTASTIC FOUR 48 CGC 9.6 OW-W how much do you think it is worth and how much potential do you think it is going to have!!!!! thanks elbrujo laugh.gifblush.gif

I have always liked FF #48 personally,one of the coolest covers! problem is that it's common.As far as value for a 9.6 about 2500-3500.00,far as long term value goes.Just hope they make that FF and Silver Surfer movie.It should climb in price,but at a slow rate.I wouldn't go as far as saying a major key though.Just silver age key fits this book fine.

I'd think that it will be one of those books that hits a price ceiling fairly soon, as it's a somewhat common (relatively common for its age) book and S.S. has really not done anything in the past few years. The cover might be nice, but sometimes nice covers aren't gonna make price moves. frown.gif

Brian