• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #48 - STILL a major key book?!?!

142 posts in this topic

This is totally a major key, I have a pile of friends who would love to get their grimey little mitts on a high grade copy at guide any day of the week, including me, I only have a VF- copy and all the copies I've seen in person have only been around 8.5 and below, but then again searching for high grade in Vancouver sucks the balls off a polar bear.... (ie:it's hard) but then again, I don't know everyone with all the [!@#%^&^], like Greggy seems to.

'best

Bronzejunkie

PS:

This is my very first drunk post... WOOO-HOO! Thank God for Christmas parties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HO-HO-HO-HO-HO-HO!!!

PPS:

Greggy, I will hopefully have that keys list for you soon, life has been a little more than nuts these days, just finished that music video and I am editing it so things are smoothing out for me, sorry, bud(my wife is ready to strangle me over the five long boxes laying in my den).... Also, Comicinvestor i will get your X-men list to you, ASAP as well.

Gotta love the fact that this thread is still going strong smile.gif

Since I paid $1600 for my FF 48, CGC 9.4 copy...I guess I'm pretty happy that 9.2 is already up to $1000.

Granted, SS and Galactus are not the studs they once were...but this book still has to be one of the major keys from the last 40 years.

I'm still waiting for the Silver Surfer movie that was announced all over the Hollywood trades way back in the early 90's. As soon as Fox gets off their butts and greenlights the FF movie..watch out, the surfboard will be next!!!!!

FF 48 is very common in high grade...i have seen a few 9.8's out there,with all these comic book movies coming out,hope for a FF and/or silver surfer movie that are well made...I used to own a FF 48 in 9.4 like you,but i sold that,my buddy bought and later sold his 9.6. As far as paying for your daughter college in 15 years,i doubt. Maybe it'll pay for one semester at that time.My advice would be to sell this book,or if you can return it that would be good too,Invest in High grade ASM's 1-20,stay away from #19 though actually more like 1-15 in 9.4 or 9.6,or even some Mile High golden Age Books would be a great investment,but then again...how much is her college going to be in 15 years??

I agree. FF48 and Hulk 181, for example, are two Silver/Bronze books whose values have been affected by CGC---the census shows that FF48 is quite a common book in high grade so prices have dropped on it. So has Hulk 181, unless you have it in 9.6 or better. They are still great keys to own, but won't bring the major investment $$ profits in today's market. You are better off investing in high end (9.4 or better) FF's 1-20 or ASM 1-20 or Hulk's 1-6 in Silver Age anyways. Thanks and happy collecting. thumbsup2.gif

agree. FF48 and Hulk 181, for example, are two Silver/Bronze books whose values have been affected by CGC---the census shows that FF48 is quite a common book in high grade so prices have dropped on it. So has Hulk 181, unless you have it in 9.6 or better. They are still great keys to own, but won't bring the major investment $$ profits in today's market. You are better off investing in high end (9.4 or better) FF's 1-20 or ASM 1-20 or Hulk's 1-6 in Silver Age anyways. Thanks and happy collecting

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did they really "drop" or was OPG just aburdly unrealistic and nobody ever paid that much? Everyone who collects comics knows FF 48 is pretty common (at one point I owned 7 of them and it wasn't even a book I ever tried to buy, it just wound up as parts of multiple deals at shows) and, of course, Hulk 181 is common as heck, I own about 20 copies of 179 and 183, 181 has to be just as common!!

Oh, by the way, I sold a few 3.0 - 5.0 copies of FF 48 a few months ago for over guide. But that was movie related hype. A 6.0 - 7.5 copy probably wouldn't do as well vs. Guide. $150 is within a lot of peoples' budgets. $400 is not.