• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #23, CGC 7.0 @ comic shop

39 posts in this topic

Sorry fellas, didn't get it in time. He said he sold it last night right after I left... :(

Bring on the insufficiently_thoughtful_person jokes!

awwwww man that sucks, I was going to be happy for you and all...

I bought a nice CGC 8.0 of that book this summer.

I love that cover!

:cloud9:

I seen another thread on this board that asks, "what are your collecting goals for 2008".....well, I just added a new one to mine. Buy a copy of ASM #23 7.0 or higher....

Sucks! oh well...."I have the rest of my life" to buy one, right?

Just curious...How much would you give for Amazing Spider-man #23 (3rd apperance of the Green Goblin) in CGC 7.0?

He's asking 150.00 for it....too much?

Give me a link!

:whistle::devil:

Just curious...How much would you give for Amazing Spider-man #23 (3rd apperance of the Green Goblin) in CGC 7.0?

Give me a link!

Sorry...it was at the local comic shop....no link involved.... ;)

Give me a link!

Sorry...it was at the local comic shop....no link involved.... ;)

I thought you were talking about mycomicshop.com doh!

It's okay man- this hobby is a lot like fishing. One big one will get away from you one day only to reappear later down the road. ;)

Metaphorically speaking, there is probably a large school of ASM 23's waiting to be hooked. Be patient!

Yep be patient is key! I'm trying to be patient as well, but sometimes its tough especially on a book you really want.. But for $150, I would've picked it up in a hurry without knowing the GPA sales. It just seems too good to be true if I came across a deal like that especially on an early Spidey book..... Man, what were you thinking!?!? im kiddin..

Yep be patient is key! I'm trying to be patient as well, but sometimes its tough especially on a book you really want.. But for $150, I would've picked it up in a hurry without knowing the GPA sales. It just seems too good to be true if I came across a deal like that especially on an early Spidey book..... Man, what were you thinking!?!? im kiddin..

Inexperience...I need to do my homework a little more! I've only been in the graded comics scene for a few months....still learning. Especially with the older comics! Sorry to let you all down! ;)

Inexperience...I need to do my homework a little more! I've only been in the graded comics scene for a few months....still learning. Especially with the older comics! Sorry to let you all down! ;)

Don't worry about it.. I've made some mistakes on deals like that before.. Everyone has been in your shoes. Good luck next time!

Don't worry about it.. I've made some mistakes on deals like that before.. Everyone has been in your shoes. Good luck next time!

Thanks for the reassurance! All I know is the seat of my pants are killing me! I've kicked myself WAY too much today...

I don't think you let anyone down; I'm thinking most here were rooting for you (I know I was, especially after you said you were lacing up your footwear and were ready to dash out the door). But like others have said, there'll be plenty more #23s coming down the pipeline. The good news is you have a LCS that is prone to good deals!...

I don't think you let anyone down; I'm thinking most here were rooting for you (I know I was, especially after you said you were lacing up your footwear and were ready to dash out the door). But like others have said, there'll be plenty more #23s coming down the pipeline. The good news is you have a LCS that is prone to good deals!...

Thanks for the support! I've set my eyes on the prize and ready to be patient until a good deal appears!

No one has asked this, but was the CGC label blue or some other color? If not blue (or yellow), then you avoided overpaying!

Universal = blue label. I'm fairly new to the "game" but I understand the labels. I've thought about dropping the normal modern collections, and begin buying older slabbed copies of books. I usually go to the comic shop weekly and spend anywhere from 20 to 40 bucks. I've thought about dropping that bill and turning that into more collectible slabbed copies. Does anyone else do that?

No one has asked this, but was the CGC label blue or some other color? If not blue (or yellow), then you avoided overpaying!

Universal = blue label. I'm fairly new to the "game" but I understand the labels. I've thought about dropping the normal modern collections, and begin buying older slabbed copies of books. I usually go to the comic shop weekly and spend anywhere from 20 to 40 bucks. I've thought about dropping that bill and turning that into more collectible slabbed copies. Does anyone else do that?

(thumbs u You will find many, many folks on the boards that have given up their moderns and focused on Golden Age, Silver Age & Bronze Age slabs! Purly as an investment, it's the only way to go. But I've got to have my monthly fix on a few titles. Can't help it!