• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 9

133 posts in this topic

It's a 9.0 that got dropped to an 8.0 due to the tanning. Then it got a ped bump to 8.5! :headbang:

I had it as an 8.5 that got dropped to a 7.5 with the tanning. Forgot to add both the .5 Ped bump and the .5 Nik bump doh!

So I'm still curious about the 1/2" of inner cover tanning. Do you guys think the book was an 8.5 to begin with? or was it a 9.0/9.2 that got dropped to an 8.5 for the tanning. I swear I've seen 9.0+ slabbed books before with outer toasty edges.... (shrug)

It's a 9.0 that got dropped to an 8.0 due to the tanning. Then it got a ped bump to 8.5! :headbang:

That's essentially what I told Nik.

That it was a 9.0 structurally and got dropped to 8.0 for the tanning.

Didn't add the bump though. doh!

Same here.... :cry:

I had it at 8.5 but the inside cover tanning had me dropping to an 8.0...I've really seen this get hammered by CGC and wouldn't have been surprised to see this come in at a 7.5...off by one grade again = 3 points... :frustrated:

So the Newbie dude nails it at the 8.5... doh!

So I'm still curious about the 1/2" of inner cover tanning. Do you guys think the book was an 8.5 to begin with? or was it a 9.0/9.2 that got dropped to an 8.5 for the tanning. I swear I've seen 9.0+ slabbed books before with outer toasty edges.... (shrug)

This is exactly how I felt about this book when I gave it a 8.5

I had it at 8.5 but the inside cover tanning had me dropping to an 8.0...I've really seen this get hammered by CGC and wouldn't have been surprised to see this come in at a 7.5...off by one grade again = 3 points... :frustrated:

So the Newbie dude nails it at the 8.5... doh!

I was wondering what he gave it. His post had been deleted by the time I arrived.

exactly my thinking, and my grade