• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your foreign Spider-man comics!

91 posts in this topic

I picked this one up in a mixed lot sometime last year. Is Marvel Comics CZ in the Czech Republic and can anyone tell me if this is Spider-Man #1 (looks like it)?

Mike

Spider-Man1NM-.jpg

I picked this one up in a mixed lot sometime last year. Is Marvel Comics CZ in the Czech Republic and can anyone tell me if this is Spider-Man #1 (looks like it)?

Mike

Spider-Man1NM-.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this is a #1 issue or a #4 issue? I only see a #4 on the inside although it looks just like the cover of #1.

Mike

Can anyone tell me if this is a #1 issue or a #4 issue? I only see a #4 on the inside although it looks just like the cover of #1.

Mike

Hard to say. The cover is Spider-Man #1 for sure. But foreign comics don't follow the same numbering convention. It could be any story in that book.

This one just came in!

Wow. This has to be the most awesome foreign Spidey comic I have ever laid my hands on. Thick as a phonebook, 390 pages, of which about 100 are Spidey, the rest are other sorts of japanese comics that I don't know the name of. The story of Spider-man meeting Mysterio has only a few parts in common with the american counterpart, otherwise both story and drawings are all japanese. The Manga Spider-man was reprinted in USA a few years ago I think, but only in black and white, right? This is *the real deal*, published in 1970! The first 13 pages are in all-color, then it switches to black-red-white, then to only black and white. I have never seen any of these for sale before (maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?) Truly a unique reading experience, even though I don't understand the language. Now I want more!!!

skanna0001br1.jpg

tjockoh0.jpg

CM738b.JPG

CM738c.JPG

CM738d.JPG

Now these are probably more what you have in mind; two issues from the former republic of Yugoslavia

File2966.jpg

Note the awesome mullet wig Hulk is sporting. Main story in that one is also Spider-Man.

What is going on in that first cover?

Hulk's mullet, yes, but Mr Fantastic's "3" emblem, the Vision has a heart (?), what on earth has happened to Thing?

It is almost like the artist was given reference material for a limited period, and then had to draw/colour from memory.

Great screwball cover

I don't have it in front of me, but I could swear that's a page out of the Mighty Marvel Fun Book (a Fireside book with puzzles and such). It was one of those "How many things are wrong in this picture" sort of games. I can't believe they would use something like that for a cover!

New additions to the collection, this time from Israel. They are read backwards and all pictures are mirrored!

israelw.jpg

:o :o :o

Where did you get them? Could I get a scan of the 122? Any more info on these? Publisher? OOO I love finding new foreign editions!

Where did you get them? Could I get a scan of the 122? Any more info on these? Publisher? OOO I love finding new foreign editions!

Bought them on eBay, 18 bucks a piece, it may sound much but considering how rare they are, they're worth it! I have number 1 and 6 from the same publisher since before, these are numbers 5, 7 and 8, so I am missing at least three. They were printed around 1986-87 by Queen Comics. The seller I bought them from has a couple of hebrew Hulk issues out for sale now, I thought about buying them too but I felt I had to draw the line somewhere - only foreign Spideys, no other titles. So if you want them, go have a look:

http://collectibles.shop.ebay.com/Comics-/63/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ssn=aries546&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

001aet.jpg

Bought them on eBay, 18 bucks a piece, it may sound much but considering how rare they are, they're worth it! I have number 1 and 6 from the same publisher since before, these are numbers 5, 7 and 8, so I am missing at least three. They were printed around 1986-87 by Queen Comics. The seller I bought them from has a couple of hebrew Hulk issues out for sale now, I thought about buying them too but I felt I had to draw the line somewhere - only foreign Spideys, no other titles. So if you want them, go have a look:

http://collectibles.shop.ebay.com/Comics-/63/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ssn=aries546&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

001aet.jpg

Note how the image is flopped. Since Hebrew writing goes right to left, they need to reverse the image to keep the flow in the composition of the word balloons. .