• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best cover gallery site

21 posts in this topic

Whats the best comic cover gallery site out there for marvel and dc?.. anyone?..

Gerber Photojournal Guide to Comics V 1 - 4 :headbang:

You don't have to wait for slow downloads or browser freezes :applause:

For completeness and decent-sized scans, you can't beat comics.org. Sometimes they load very quickly, but mostly not. :(

For a quickie reference look at covers, though, you can't beat comicspriceguide.com. They have more than 500k issues cataloged, and there must be cover scans of at least two-thirds of these. The pics are roughly the size of the "medium" images hosted on comics.org. They've done a good job of including plenty of variant covers, pence copies, international publishers, etc, etc. CPG, of course, also gives values which can be useful as a guide.

If you're willing to spend some money, the Comicbase Archive Edition is pretty cool. It's got 185,000+ covers, about two thirds in high resolution. It's $299, though. I use it mainly to look at shiny pictures all day long, although I guess its real purpose is to keep track of your collection or something like that (shrug)

If you're willing to spend some money, the Comicbase Archive Edition is pretty cool. It's got 185,000+ covers, about two thirds in high resolution. It's $299, though. I use it mainly to look at shiny pictures all day long, although I guess its real purpose is to keep track of your collection or something like that (shrug)

Tell me where I can get me one of those?