• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Market-Sales Advertising, eBay, Dealers, etc. forum is officially DEAD

48 posts in this topic

Ebay is slow in the Action department. I'm not sure how well their advanced search is working. I found a book earlier, and couldn't find it again in a search. The same goes for other books. Luckily, I added it to my watch list.

While I think the WTB forum was a good idea, I think eBay, dealers, etc, forum is a failed experiment. The traffic there is so low, it seems a waste of time and energy to even post there. If I were king of the universe, I'd combine the two forums again.

Ebay is slow in the Action department. I'm not sure how well their advanced search is working. I found a book earlier, and couldn't find it again in a search. The same goes for other books. Luckily, I added it to my watch list.

If you get that new dumb advanced search, just click on the bottom, there is an opt out button...and it's not working well, for sure..:(

A total of 5 posts in the entire forum since midnight last night, and not a single post in the last 4 hours.

It's dead, Jim.

Agreed...I literally cannot even give a book away for free.... doh!

If you get that new dumb advanced search, just click on the bottom, there is an opt out button...and it's not working well, for sure..:(

Thanks Sharon! (thumbs u

BTW does anyone know if I can combine ebay gift certificates plus money out of my paypal for a single purchase?

A total of 5 posts in the entire forum since midnight last night, and not a single post in the last 4 hours.

It's dead, Jim.

Agreed...I literally cannot even give a book away for free.... doh!

hm "Heroes, Inc"?

While I think the WTB forum was a good idea, I think eBay, dealers, etc, forum is a failed experiment. The traffic there is so low, it seems a waste of time and energy to even post there. If I were king of the universe, I'd combine the two forums again.

Maybe making it a subforum like the VCC Hall might be a way to go? Just my 2c

It's dead, Jim.

I recently sold a book on ebay utilizing the Market-Sales Advertising thread. It generated a sale to a board member, which I was pleased to see. I think the seperation is good, and it isn't hurting anything :whistle:

Maybe have the eBay links as a subforum, but allow dealers to post books for sale in the regular marketplace? hm

I would give that a serious try. I don't want to take good books off the site just to list in the forum selling section.

Btw Count, I do list discounts in the forum from time to time. Of course most people here know they can get a 20-40% discount plus free shipipng from me on most post-1964 stuff just by asking.

:hi: Marc!

Mike, I think I told you that you COULD combine..if I didn't...then, you can:)

Lately I try and list stuff in the forum first...but when I list on Ebay, the stuff that has not sold in the forum, I usually list starting at 99 cents...so, I list it here too (haven't done comics in a while, but I will)...last fall, I had several board people bid, so I think they did see it here...

I'm not a dealer, these are just my personal books, so I don't need a dealer's site..I'm not sure what the harm is, keeping this?

Maybe making it a subforum like the VCC Hall might be a way to go? Just my 2c

Leave them alone. I hated all the ebay spam on the boards, keep the ebay links OFF the selling thread. If I wanted to buy on ebay I would head over there. I like the boards the way they are.