• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welp, I just read Brand New Day and...

38 posts in this topic

... my expectations of Slott were met. Good, fun story. Art by McNiven was fantastic, and I can't wait for more Jackpot goodness! I'll always hate Joe Quesada for messing with continuity, but I'm pleased that the new teams are trying to make the best of a bad situation.

A lot of interesting plots were set up - maybe too many. All in all, it's off to a good start. The best thing about this is the new 3x a month format. I really hope they can keep up with the schedule!

... my expectations of Slott were met. Good, fun story. Art by McNiven was fantastic, and I can't wait for more Jackpot goodness! I'll always hate Joe Quesada for messing with continuity, but I'm pleased that the new teams are trying to make the best of a bad situation.

A lot of interesting plots were set up - maybe too many. All in all, it's off to a good start. The best thing about this is the new 3x a month format. I really hope they can keep up with the schedule!

I'm guessing each creative team is doing 4 issues (one month) and probably have had them done for a while.

so spider-man 546 wont be the known as the 1st app. of jackpot?

and ya i think its 3 issue stinks, 3 times a month, each month a new artist and authur, do u know whos coming up in the few months ahead of us?

and ya i think its 3 issue stinks, 3 times a month, each month a new artist and authur, do u know whos coming up in the few months ahead of us?

Off hand, I know Bob Gale (Back To The Future) is doing a run. There are a couple other teams already announced but I don't care enough to look it up right now. :) Sorry.

FCBD is first appearance of jackpot. I'm sitting on my 9.8 and 9.6 for a little bit and then :cloud9:

Not a bad idea..especially when you have a FCBD issue that wasn't stamped with your LCS's store name. Many of the issues were, leaving less 9.6 and 9.8s out there.

I actually really liked the FCBD issue, so much so that I bought a Phil Jimenez OA page from the book.

Not a bad idea..especially when you have a FCBD issue that wasn't stamped with your LCS's store name. Many of the issues were, leaving less 9.6 and 9.8s out there.

I think there will be plenty of LCS-stamped copies that get 9.6s and 9.8s --- as long as they don't physically wrinkle or damage the book, stamps would be allowed in HG.

I think there will be plenty of LCS-stamped copies that get 9.6s and 9.8s --- as long as they don't physically wrinkle or damage the book, stamps would be allowed in HG.

Didn't realize that store stamps were permissible. I learn something new on these boards everyday.

Store stamps shouldn't be permissible. It most definitely alters the book. Especially in the event that is removed.

Like JJ, I'd much rather have a non-stamp than a stamp. In fact, I'd take a 9.6 non-stamp over a 9.8 stamp anyday.

Pat

MJ as a heroine...I just don't see it. Wish that chick would just die already, no way that character can carry her own title unless they start drawin her naked or something :banana:

How did she even get superpowers anyway???

It's magic- you don't need to explain it. Have you forgotten you're reading a JoeQ Marvel comic? :gossip: