• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man Values Rose 44% from 2002 to 2007

80 posts in this topic

Really? Only 44%? A $100 Spidey book in '02 is now only $144 now...5 years & 2 sequels later?

Gotta admit I'm surprised; don't follow the title personally, but with it's top-tier standing I expected more...?

Rick

In all seriousness, I started converting some of my dollars into gold bullion about 4 years back.

goldbullion.gif

Paper money is just that, paper...it's nothing but the confidence of people/markets in that said nation/government, and once a nation/government falls, well, that currency is worthless essentially. Gold is gold, and always will be THE first, and finest, form of ACTUAL currency transactions between humans.

In all seriousness, I started converting some of my dollars into gold bullion about 4 years back.

goldbullion.gif

Paper money is just that, paper...it's nothing but the confidence of people/markets in that said nation/government, and once a nation/government falls, well, that currency is worthless essentially. Gold is gold, and always will be THE first, and finest, form of ACTUAL currency transactions between humans.

Always?

In all seriousness....what good is a brick of shiny metal?

So Gene, how much gold do you have on-hand? Unless you've got it on you or hidden away in a bunker (or hole in the ground) it will do you little to no good. What are you going to do if the mess hits the fan, call your broker and have him bring over a bag of gold?

Unless you've got your hand on it it is just as useless as paper currenct in a crisis.

Don't worry, all my gold is on hand. I'm not sure how I would carry all of it in case I needed to flee in the middle of the night, though. :frustrated::P

50825-GLDstocks.jpg.e349c0f059a70837fce3f4f8d3e0bc8c.jpg

goldbullion.gif

Always?

Hey, don't ask me that bro' hm I just live on this planet...

So Gene, how much gold do you have on-hand? Unless you've got it on you or hidden away in a bunker (or hole in the ground) it will do you little to no good. What are you going to do if the mess hits the fan, call your broker and have him bring over a bag of gold?

Unless you've got your hand on it it is just as useless as paper currenct in a crisis.

Don't worry, all my gold is on hand. I'm not sure how I would carry all of it in case I needed to flee in the middle of the night, though. :frustrated::P

:o could you imagine that being in your basement...boner! :cloud9:

goldbullion.gif

Always?

Or pieces of paper?

:eek:

I'll help! :D:devil:

goldbullion.gif

Always?

Or pieces of paper?

:eek:

You can burn paper to keep warm. You can wipe your azz with it.....

What can you do with a gold brick?

- It's beautiful.

- It's portable - you can carry a high dollar amount with a relatively small physical quantity.

- It's relatively scarce and costs a lot to extract from the ground - it cannot be created out of thin air like currencies.

- It has near-universal appeal and is traded around the globe whether on an exchange or among the citizenry - try converting your AF #15 to cash in the Third World.

- It has a track record of being a proven store of value for literally thousands of years - currencies have come and gone but gold still remains. The rule of thumb is that 1 oz. throughout history has been able to buy a nice set of men's clothing.

- It as a historical record of being used as money both in the U.S. and in countries across the globe.

- It has unique chemical properties (conductivity, non-corrosiveness, etc.) that make it useful for jewelry and industrial applications.

(shrug)

- It's beautiful.

- It's portable - you can carry a high dollar amount with a relatively small physical quantity.

- It's relatively scarce and costs a lot to extract from the ground.

- It has near-universal appeal and is traded around the globe whether on an exchange or among the citizenry - try converting your AF #15 to cash in the Third World.

- It has a track record of being a proven store of value for literally thousands of years - currencies have come and gone but gold still remains.

- It as a historical record of being used as money both in the U.S. and in countries across the globe.

- It has unique chemical properties (conductivity, non-corrosiveness, etc.) that make it useful for jewelry and industrial applications.

(shrug)

Can you expand on it's industrial applications?

A single gold bar would probably be 400 ounces. (or a kilobar which would be 1000 kilos)

at $893.77, a single 400 ounce gold bar (25 pounds) is currently worth $357,508.00

Three bars and you've got a cool million.

Not bad (thumbs u

A single gold bar would probably be 400 ounces. (or a kilobar which would be 1000 kilos)

at $893.77, a single 400 ounce gold bar (25 pounds) is currently worth $357,508.00

Not bad (thumbs u

A million what? If paper currency collapses.....what exactly are you trading your gold bars for?

- It's beautiful.

- It's relatively scarce and costs a lot to extract from the ground - it cannot be created out of thin air like currencies.

- It has a track record of being a proven store of value for literally thousands of years - currencies have come and gone but gold still remains. The rule of thumb is that 1 oz. throughout history has been able to buy a nice set of men's clothing.

(shrug)

:thumbsup:

- It's soft so you can make a sharp blade with relative ease (not that it was be useful for too long).

Not bad (thumbs u

A million what? If paper currency collapses.....what exactly are you trading your gold bars for?

Food, lodging, women... all the things that Conan needed aside from crusing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentations of their women.

What else is there really?

Not bad (thumbs u

Food, lodging, women... all the things that Conan needed aside from crusing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentations of their women.

What else is there really?

lol