• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 5 Collectors in the Country????

113 posts in this topic

You also have to consider the Japanese father/son combo that bought Gary Carter's collection.

You would also have to consider Super-Snipe, the Kid with the most comics in the world!

(worship)

I think for GA:

Jon Berk

Dave Anderson

Steve Geppi

John Verzyl

Christine the Pepsi gal....

those are the 5 that come to my mind, but there are lots of private collectors and lots of others that have great collections based on varying criteria, like

Mr. Bedrock

Bangzoom

Eric Roberts

Ian Levine

Centaurman

Bullet123 ( Batman and 4color!)

and the list could go on and on

Plus we all like you :cloud9:. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Geez, while thanks for the perception of confidence, I can't match up with these others. Although I have certain areas of "GA strength", I got a lot of holes. (For what, it is worth, a little known fact- i do have a complete run of Marvel Comics from 1961 through the 2000s- the basis for Ernie's Photo Journal on Marvels)

It is more the diversity and esoteric nature of some of my books, that gives it some flavor and notoriety. And, of course, it is the fun factor that leads me to share on the boards.

jon

and your willingness to share is what makes me believe you are a top 5 collector (thumbs u

so, dave anderson is really a dentist?

i always wondered if that was true since he's got such an expensive collection. i don't know how much the average dentist makes salary wise, but i never thought it would be six figures.

Most of his collection was bought in the late seventies/early eighties.

so, dave anderson is really a dentist?

i always wondered if that was true since he's got such an expensive collection. i don't know how much the average dentist makes salary wise, but i never thought it would be six figures.

Most of his collection was bought in the late seventies/early eighties.

I think most of the current big collectors fall into this category. I can't imagine the extreme cost of acquiring a top ranking collection under the CGC era :o:insane: