• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 5 Collectors in the Country????

113 posts in this topic

so, dave anderson is really a dentist?

i always wondered if that was true since he's got such an expensive collection. i don't know how much the average dentist makes salary wise, but i never thought it would be six figures.

Most of his collection was bought in the late seventies/early eighties.

I think most of the current big collectors fall into this category. I can't imagine the extreme cost of acquiring a top ranking collection under the CGC era :o:insane:

Which could actually end up being a good thing. I know there will be those who will always have money and be able to buy anything they want but for the rest of us there will be more books to spread around. Everyone will have an oppurtunity to get a key grail book. It will be tougher for one guy to afford a complete 9.8 run of ASM (which does not exist).

wow

just looked at an article on Tom Brulato

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=34&s=266&ai=41324&ssd=6/22/2002&arch=y

such a nice collection

as an ASM fan, hes got some seriously holy grail

incl. AF #15 White Mountain

They couldn't belong to a nicer guy meh

Haha your kidding right?

CC

Ive met Tom and spoken to him through email and on both occasions he was a very nice individual and was more then willing to share whatever knowledge he had on books etc. There are however a bunch of dealers and collectors who absolutely despise the boards and the dialogue that goes on here and he fits into that category.

Re: Tom Brulato

I will tell you this: I have known Tom for years, and have done many deals with him, and every single one has been professional, courtious, and very positive. Yes, Tom is agressive in going after what he wants, but that in my books is someone that creates his own good luck and fortune through relentlessness and hard work.

However, many collectors and many people in general in our society despise people who have done well and who are successful in their field. In my opinion, this type of behaviour is non-productive to anyone and just ends up sounding like small-town gossip; UNLESS of course, someone has directly done you or a good friend wrong, then I understand.

Dwight

I'm not even the top collector within a one mile radius of my house.

Damn Centaurman! :pullhair:

lol

Its ok October I know how you feel. Im not even the top Pre Hero DC collector in Southern California. Damn Peter Klee (RareHighGrades) :pullhair:

i wonder who is the top GA collector in Australia? hm

Ive met Tom and spoken to him through email and on both occasions he was a very nice individual and was more then willing to share whatever knowledge he had on books etc. There are however a bunch of dealers and collectors who absolutely despise the boards and the dialogue that goes on here and he fits into that category.

That's a shame that they paint this board with such broad generalizing strokes. There's plenty of good to be shared here.

Hugh Jass has a very large collection of HG Timelys,

Not many Russian comics collectors, but the husband and wife oligarchs Pulya Panzdahn and Katya Cherkinoff are reputed to own many of the Mile High Timelys and DC first issues. Supposedly purchased "under the table" from Burrell Rowe, who financed Rozanski contingent on being able to have first pick at the collection.

I heard Mike Hunt and Al Coholic both received finders fee for that find

I thought it was two Scottsmen, Philup McCrackin and Ben Dune? lol

No, no, you're thinking of the Irish cousins - William Fitzpatrick & Patrick Fitzwilliam...

Re: Tom Brulato

I will tell you this: I have known Tom for years, and have done many deals with him, and every single one has been professional, courtious, and very positive.

UNLESS of course, someone has directly done you or a good friend wrong, then I understand.

Dwight

I'm sure he's a very curtious chap to deal with on a day to day basis, but the little matter of the Jason Ewart fiasco doesn't ring any bell's for you??

To say Tom wasn't involved would be nieve in the extreme.

Hugh Jass has a very large collection of HG Timelys,

Not many Russian comics collectors, but the husband and wife oligarchs Pulya Panzdahn and Katya Cherkinoff are reputed to own many of the Mile High Timelys and DC first issues. Supposedly purchased "under the table" from Burrell Rowe, who financed Rozanski contingent on being able to have first pick at the collection.

Interesting information. hm

You also have to consider the Japanese father/son combo that bought Gary Carter's collection.

As in the hall of famer from the Mets, Gary Carter? Or another?

Didn't Gary Carter go into the Hall of Fame as an Expo?

He was a great Met too, though.