• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,206 posts in this topic

Just arrived this copy of WT Feb 33, courtesy of RyanH from the Forrest Ackerman collection: :whee:

WTFeb33.jpg

Been looking for a VGish copy of this for a while, in order complete my run of WT Allen St John Buccaneers of Venus covers.

Now I only need 8 more Brundage WT covers to complete that particular run ;)

Thank you so much Ryan :foryou:

:acclaim:

BTW, in somewhat pulp-related news, a new copy of A Gent from Bear Creek was just discovered. Here's my write-up:

http://www.thecimmerian.com/?p=13975

BTW, Dwight, If you read this, I wasn't sure if you wanted me to use your name when I discussed the copy you traded for the Shadow pulps, so I just referred to you as "a pulp collector." I'll add your name if you want me to.

I was literally in the woods digging a shovel test when Patrice emailed on my phone to tell me he had hit the BIN on a copy of Gent, but he still didn't know if it was real or not. I think the guys I was working with thought I was nuts as I starting yelling - "Holy Sh*t! That lucky B@stard!." :D

[font:Arial Black]A couple more Shadows from my collection![/font]

[font:Arial Black]The Shadow Unmasks - August 1, 1937[/font]

30-04-201080813PM.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Death Jewels - August 1, 1938[/font]

30-04-201080446PM.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Dwight[/font]

I had to get at least one Brundage Cover and it's also my first R.E. Howard pulp :)

scan0014-1.jpg

Love those Brundage covers. Couldn't resist the Bat cover.

4480646816_da0cd0690a_b.jpg

and I promise I won't post it again.

Another TWS for my very modest collection.

I noted in an earlier issue how interesting I find the letters pages in this series. They remind me of the light-hearted banter that you get from Stan and the gang in the Marvel Age, and of course Stan read pulps in his formative years. I also noted the use of the phrase "Nuff said" to conclude letters in TWS. Well, in this issue one of the lettters concludes with "Excelsior!" I find it fascinating that these quintessential Marvel phrases that Stan made famous werer already commonplace in the 40's.

Nuff said!

TWSJune1947.jpg

Another TWS for my very modest collection.

I noted in an earlier issue how interesting I find the letters pages in this series. They remind me of the light-hearted banter that you get from Stan and the gang in the Marvel Age, and of course Stan read pulps in his formative years. I also noted the use of the phrase "Nuff said" to conclude letters in TWS. Well, in this issue one of the lettters concludes with "Excelsior!" I find it fascinating that these quintessential Marvel phrases that Stan made famous werer already commonplace in the 40's.

Nuff said!

TWSJune1947.jpg

Interesting stuff, thanks.

OutOfthisWorldAdventures2.jpg

Both of these contain 32 page comics bound into the pulps.

Great classic pulp elements on this cover, especially the two on the right.

So who drew the comics?

OutOfthisWorldAdventures2.jpg

Both of these contain 32 page comics bound into the pulps.

Great classic pulp elements on this cover, especially the two on the right.

So who drew the comics?

LUNAR STATION - Joe Kubert

THE MAN-EATING LIZARDS - Joe Kubert

CROM THE BARBARIAN - John Giunta [written by Gardner Fox]

THE CORSAIRS FROM THE COALSACK - Joe Kubert

DEADMAN'S TALE - A. H. Johnston

THE SPIDER GOD OF AKKA - John Giunta [written by Gardner Fox]

With the addition of the rare REAL MYSTERY #2 to my collection (actually two at the same time, but thats a long story), I am able to close out my Red Circle weird menace pulp run!

367770470_o.jpg 

Took a new group shot of some of my favorite Red Circle covers, including a couple of new Red Circle Detective pulps featuring weird menace covers! So now its onto the detective titles...

REDCIRCLEgroupmay11.jpg