• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,200 posts in this topic

I deserve a commission from the seller. :D

Actually with the price and condition on these, they would likely have sold rapidly without the help of the collectors on these boards. hm

Glad you picked up a couple, and nice choices both!

David, I thought long and hard about grabbing the Devil In Iron issue as well. Eventually I passed because I already have a copy that's almost as nice. Glad you got it, buddy!

It looked pretty nice so I popped on it, glad you passed. :) I do have the waterwheel torture cover but this looks a lot nicer than mine.

Congrats on completing your cover run on Conan Todd!!

This was one of the more expensive pulps but it's a knockout of a cover and it sure looks sharp in that photo!

weirdtaleswater.jpg

David, I thought long and hard about grabbing the Devil In Iron issue as well. Eventually I passed because I already have a copy that's almost as nice. Glad you got it, buddy!

It looked pretty nice so I popped on it, glad you passed. :) I do have the waterwheel torture cover but this looks a lot nicer than mine.

Congrats on completing your cover run on Conan Todd!!

And now I'm upgrading too! He posted this one today and I grabbed it. It was enough of an upgrade to make it worth it for me.

WT3512A.jpg

7 Sexy Crime Book Covers

Thought this would be a good place to post this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-ardai/sexy-crime-covers_b_998627.html#s394009&title=Blood_on_the

Here's their website.

http://www.hardcasecrime.com/

Comic book creator Max Collins wrote one of books and his partner on the Ms. Tree series did the cover. It even looks like Ms. Tree.

http://www.hardcasecrime.com/books_bios.cgi?title=Deadly%20Beloved

Mike

Edited by Monkeyman

Just picked this up. It is the only known example to exist!!

"A stick of gum from the 1940's, which was an advertising piece. On one side, it reads "Let The Shadow and "blue coal" protect your home. On the air every Sunday." The reverse side reads "Consult Classified Phone Directory For your Nearest 'Blue Coal' Dealer."

"The Shadow Blue Coal Gum was in an elderly lady's scrapbook, accompanied by a letter from Conklin & Strong to the Chemistry Class of Warwick High School regarding their November 15, 1940 field trip to the coal mines near Wilkes Barre, Pa, and a pamphlet entitled "The story of 'blue coal" booklet that they received on the field trip.

All in all, she received the Shadow gum, the generic Blue Coal pamphlet as souvenirs, and had hung onto the letter, which she sent to me as well."

BlueCoalGum2.jpg

BlueCoalGumBC.jpg

I just put the Shadow Hat, Cape, and Box in a showcase. The "Hat and Cape" are is one of two known to exist, along with the only known original "Box".

hatcapewithboxz-1.jpghatcapewithbox2z-1.jpghatcapewbox3z-1.jpghatcapez-1.jpg

Edited by detective35DF

Just picked this up. It is the only known example to exist!!

"A stick of gum from the 1940's, which was an advertising piece. On one side, it reads "Let The Shadow and "blue coal" protect your home. On the air every Sunday." The reverse side reads "Consult Classified Phone Directory For your Nearest 'Blue Coal' Dealer."

"The Shadow Blue Coal Gum was in an elderly lady's scrapbook, accompanied by a letter from Conklin & Strong to the Chemistry Class of Warwick High School regarding their November 15, 1940 field trip to the coal mines near Wilkes Barre, Pa, and a pamphlet entitled "The story of 'blue coal" booklet that they received on the field trip.

All in all, she received the Shadow gum, the generic Blue Coal pamphlet as souvenirs, and had hung onto the letter, which she sent to me as well."

BlueCoalGum2.jpg

BlueCoalGumBC.jpg

I just put the Shadow Hat, Cape, and Box in a showcase. The "Hat and Cape" are is one of two known to exist, along with the only known original "Box".

hatcapewithboxz-1.jpghatcapewithbox2z-1.jpghatcapewbox3z-1.jpghatcapez-1.jpg

Great display for the hat, cape and box. Also, that last known stick of gum (and the story) is just a great item.

Did you previously know that last stick of gum existed and was just able to acquire it or was it a surprise among some other items you were looking at?

Dwight,

You are truly a "collector's collector"!

I have been following your posts for awhile and I really appreciate your passion for the hobby!

In my 40 years of collecting I have only ran into a few pulps through various ads in newspapers, estate auctions, etc. and still feel bad about letting the few I found let go.

Roll on my brother!