• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,213 posts in this topic

You don't see that Sinister title very much!

No, it's pretty scarce. Though it's all reprints (even the cover is reprinted from the Sept. '38 Terror Tales). And of course, the usual array of pseudonyms are on the cover... "Gabriel Wilson" is Ray Cummings, and "Harrison Storm" and "Russell Gray" are both Bruno Fischer.

Thought I would share this with you

A few years back, I picked up this collection a while back from the Son of an Elderly Gentleman whom was an avid Street & Smith hero pulp collector, you might say a fanatical in details of his writings (200 page Journal of detailed writings on every aspect of the Shadow that you can imagine..it was if he was doing professional research for a company). All of the writings that he did were from back in the 1930's and 40's.

I just got around to taking pics of this, and sent the pics to his Son for a keepsake of his Father!

His Son sold me the Doc Savage pin on the card & the mailer, the Doc Savage Pledge of Honor card, Doc Savage and The Shadow portrait pictures, & The Shadow pin on the card.

His Son then gave the rest of the items to me for free, because he wanted a collector to have them.

Some of the stuff is really cool (letter from Nanovic, Railcar receipt from shipping Shadow pulps via rail from Street & Smith in NY to Nothern California, Pulp checklists from Street and Smith, etc.).

He must have been bummed, because in 1941 when he wanted back isssues of The Shadow pulps, almost all were sold out (check out the checklists).

Really Cool!

nanovickletterreshadowpulpbackissues_zpse26c91a8.jpegshadowcardchecklistampenvelope_zps981fe7f9.jpegshadowpulpbackissuelistp1_zpsa2057911.jpegshadowpulpbackissuelistp2_zpsb21c2d22.jpegshadowpulpbackissuelistp3_zps6f6300a1.jpegshadowcardchecklist_zps389ac0ae.jpegStreetampSmithpulppromopamphletp1_zps676f2198.jpegStreetampSmithpulppromopamphletp2_zps3ad3f6c0.jpegStreetampSmithpulppromopamphletp3_zps1fead8d1.jpegStreetampSmithPulppromopamphletcenterfoldp3amp4zz_zpsc0f06e13.jpgStreetampSmithpulppromopamphletp4_zps0d386d40.jpegrailreiceipt_zpscbc77153.jpeg200pagetypedinfobookzz_zpsdd97b70e.jpgSmallShadowpulpchecklistbookzz_zps0b134b62.jpgshadow_button1-1_zps44345ac6.jpgMiscpremiums_zps7f3e7a77.jpgDocpremiums_zpsecd7f65e.jpgdocpicture_zpsf5ea0fe9.jpgPage43a_zps123b413a.jpg

Dwight