• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

At what price range do you feel "comfortable"

42 posts in this topic

I collect high-grade JLA CGC slabs, so they don't come around cheap.

I have paid up to $600 for one comic (JLA #38 CGC 9.4), but I feel most comfortable in the $100-300 range.

I would prefer not to pay more than $500 for one comic, but if I can find some CGC 9.0 or better copies of JLA #1-10, then ;)

Anything over $200 gives me the shakes.

Me too.

Tim,

I think Aces meant $200 not $200K :baiting:

No no, I shake above $200. I just shake a lot these days, is all. I think it`s why I`ve been buying more BA of late.

Me too.

Me three . . . :shy: But, I'm running out of books I really want that can be found for anything south of $300 to $400. I'll probably resort to selling off certain a few titles to fund the ones I really want to focus on.

most of my books cost $200 or less but i usually am comfortable making any purchase below $1000. I only go above that for big keys and a few other books i am fond of so when it happens i tend to get a little nervous about the transaction.

If my disposable income is considerable at a given time, it's a quite simple protocol for me:

If I want it, I'll buy it...at whatever cost it takes to acquire it.

I would have to agree...I don't get the shakes...if I have the money and I need (want) it, I don't have any problem spending the money. What a rush...

It goes up with every book I buy doh!

I remember buying my first $50.00+ book and waking up in the middle of the night wondering if I could still get out of the deal lol

That was 5 years ago, now I've bought a few books over $2000 and I'm seriously contemplating buying a $10K book (in the distant future).

But the range that makes me nervous, twitchy and running to the mailbox every day to see if the book has arrived is $1,477.75

Me too.

Tim,

I think Aces meant $200 not $200K :baiting:

No no, I shake above $200. I just shake a lot these days, is all. I think it`s why I`ve been buying more BA of late.

here's to shaking!

handshake.gif