• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

At what price range do you feel "comfortable"

42 posts in this topic

It really doesn't matter the price as long as it is something I feel I can resell for the same amount or more somewhere down the road. However, I am learning to appreciate the lower, higher grade books ie 9.0s and 9.2s.

As already mentioned...it goes up all the time.

My 1st 'big' purchase was an 8.5 HULK 181 for $750. That purchase had me sweating. Prior to that I hadn't spent more than $250.

The most I've spent is $1800

If all goes well......I'll break the 2K barrier later this year. :wishluck:

Any purchase I make is more like a trade than anything. I only buy books with money from comic sales. I get 'the shakes' when I have to sell books I really like.....but they subside the moment the new book(s) come in. :cloud9:

The most I've spent is on a single book is $1,100. I have gotten close to that mark on several occasions but most of my purchases run in the $200-$400/per book range. I normally try to go after GA mid grade CGC books (6.0-8.0). I would love to have higher graded copies but they are too much money most of the time.

$0.01 - $20.00: No problem, even better if this involves multiple issues.

$20.00 - $50.00: Not a problem if this involves multiple issues. Single issues... well, let's just say that this needs to be a key book or something sort of importance for my collection.

$50.00 - $150.00: Multiple book purchase and I'm still a little edgy, single issue purchase will definitely have my palms sweating.

$150 - higher: Single issue, multiple issues, I'm sweating my boys at this point.

To date, my biggest purchases have been the ASMs 1, 2, & 4 and I'm still in shock from them (though perhaps that will ease up a bit once I send the payment for the ASM 1). I can honestly say it's going to be a LONG time before I make any large-scale purchases like these again.

Above $200 and I have to ponder for a while. I have made several purchases, above that amount in the last year though. Highest is $1200 for a Phantom Lady 15 CGC 7.5.

I don't really have a spending cap. For me, it boils down to how much overtime I am willing to work to pay for the stuff I buy.

Less than $200 a month = no overtime

$200 - $400 = maybe a couple hours, depends on my other spending

More than $400 = probably have to work a few extra hours

$1000 or more = I better really want the book(s), because I'll probably have to take a sleeping bag to work

Because I also collect art, I don't really have a price at which I feel really uncomfortable (maybe over $10,000, but I can't afford that much anyway). My comfort level at higher prices has more to do with who I am dealing with on the sale. I won't spend more than $100 on Ebay unless it is either someone I have dealt with several times before, or a long time board member that I know and trust. I wouldn't feel a bit uncomfortable buying $1000+ book from several of the long time board members here. (thumbs u