• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pirate Grail Day

16 posts in this topic

should have this in a week or so. If i never buy another piece of art, I am fulfilled.

Cover to Empire #1 (DC) by Barry Kitson (borrowed scan)

Empire1cover_sm.jpg

should have this in a week or so. If i never buy another piece of art, I am fulfilled.

Cover to Empire #1 (DC) by Barry Kitson (borrowed scan)

Empire1cover_sm.jpg

Congrats on the grail. (thumbs u That's one nice cover!

I can think of nothing better to be able to mutter (OA wise) than "If I never buy...". I hope I can join that club someday!

hm The last time I commented on something you posted, you gave it to me. I'm glad you have acquired this incredible grail. :wishluck: :wishluck:

You surely deserve it for all the grail signatures you have attained for us.

I'm working on trying to get a grail OA piece as well now.

Pirate, congratulations. I'm assuming this is a grail piece for you because it's Kitson, because it's gorgeous, and because it's a cover...of a comic you loved?

I'm assuming this is a "private" grail -- one that you, personally, highly desire and have sought but one that wouldn't meet the "grail" definition by the majority of collectors. Or is there more to this than I realize?

What makes it special to you?

:jokealert: because Anthony would never give it up.

I was asking Anthony. I don't know why I asked off your post, Charlie. doh!

Favorite mini series by favorite artist :)

Got the cover in today and it's as good as I expected. Now to decide whether to dump big money into a nice frame with museum glass or just keep it hidden away and look at the scans :)