• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well Who canceled their ASM

88 posts in this topic

Yeah, I know not another thread on this topic but with all the talk I'm wondering who is actually making the walk.

Today I officially canceled my ASM title, this is the first time since 1983 when I first started collecting the title. While Slott is a great writer, I hate this new Spider-man direction.

I haven't received my BND issues yet, but I doubt I will be cancelling as long as the writing is good. A good writer can make any character a fun read even if Marvel messes with the continuity. It is going to be interesting to see if people who talked the talk actually walk the walk and cancel their ASM subscriptions.

I'm not thrilled with this whole "Dallas" handling of the title, nor Mephisto's ability to seamlessly alter so many people's memories and reality itself. But, that's not enough to make me drop one of my favorite titles. Besides, I like the way they have consolidated Sensational, Friendly N-hood, etc, into the one main ASM title.

Nope, I am with this for the long haul. I'm sure there will be plenty of good story arcs, battles, and nice art to keep me buying ASM as long as I collect comics. (thumbs u

My LCS still has a ton on the shelf just sitting there (as well as the last OMD). I think some stores ordered heavily the first couple issues. So the true test will be in about 2 months or so.

I bought it (haven't read it yet), and have been buying ASM.

I'm not a big fan of how they decided to end the marriage, but

I'm willing to give the new creative teams a chance to see how

they do with the new status quo before I quit the title.

Joker--

I cancelled ASM with #514. I bought the OMD issues, read them, and then put them in a box of recent books I didn't want to keep and sold them to a used bookstore for credit towards some used DVDs.

I got 546 for McNiven's artwork and to check out the new status quo. Now that's out of the way, I doubt I'll be buying any issues of ASM for a while. I may get the trades down the line if they are cheap.

I dropped ASM from my pull list after the 2nd issue of OMD and I heard the spoilers of what was planned. I thought Back in Black could have been awesome but it was terrible instead. OMD maybe had potential too, but I just hated reading it every month.

So no more Spidey for me

I think just is pertinent is how many are picking up the book since it is supposed to be a good jumping on point...

I'm sticking with Spider-Girl. I definitely don't have any interest in the Amazing Train-Wreck.