• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Space Ranger! The most underrated DC Silver Age series?

13 posts in this topic

Am I the only Space Ranger fan on this board? With 48 appearances as the cover feature in Showcase, Tales of the Unexpected and Mystery in Space in the 1958-1965 period, I would have thought that Space Ranger and his delectable sidekick Myra would have at least a small band of fans. Meanwhile, his Silver Age contemporary, Adam Strange, continues to have a legion of fans - and deservedly so.

It's high time for all Space Ranger fans to stand up and be counted!

51197-SpaceRanger.jpg.a220ee1dab205e18b2ad18ebbc56ff7a.jpg

I like Space Ranger myself also. I own copies of Showcase # 15 , # 16 , Tales of the Unexpected# 43 grey tone cover "sublime". Fun comics. & one or two others , not sure the numbers. If you have them post them.

I always thought he was the Buck Rogers to Adam Strange 's Flash Gordon.

:gossip:

Anyone know which issues had Space Ranger team up with Adam Strange? I use to have those a long time ago. Couple of favorites.

It was later in the Mystery In Space run, in the #90's. I think #94 and #98 had those crossovers, but I'll have to look through those issues again.

That little alien thing he runs around with makes him seem like the kid's version of Adam Strange. And the series had bland art (Bob Brown) or worse (Jim Mooney). To be honest, I haven't read too many of his stories, but I've been trying to dabble. I've bid on a few books on Ebay but always get outbid, so there must be a following out there!

That book looks minty fresh. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your scanner. :kidaround: