• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michelle Nolan?

18 posts in this topic

Does the knowledgeable and erudite Michelle Nolan post here? I was a great fan of her articles in CBG and the Comic Book Marketplace in the Gary Carter days.

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/enews/cgc_enews_oct2002.htm

You would think so - I use to love the CBM articles too. Great stuff.

And per the link above (Phil's Corner) - is Phil Kaltenbach on the boards. I've known Phil for many years. I know he worked for CGC at one time.

hey Phil - you there/here?

Michele is a die hard luddite and is not online.

I admire that in a woman.

:devil:

Did anyone see her new book on Romance Comics solicited for March release? Sounded fascinating to me.

Where can I order it?

She was at the Chicago Forum Dinner, but she does not post here.

This is true. Right next to Maggie Thompson :applause:

What a wealth of comic knowledge. Michelle forgot more about the hobby then I have even known. But is still very much a fan, I remember at last years Chicago Con Alton and I had a great conversation with Michelle after dinner that was as informative as it was funny.

Should be fun to read Michelle's work in the newsletter.

Congrats

She was at the Chicago Forum Dinner, but she does not post here.

This is true. Right next to Maggie Thompson :applause:

What a wealth of comic knowledge. Michelle forgot more about the hobby then I have even known. But is still very much a fan, I remember at last years Chicago Con Alton and I had a great conversation with Michelle after dinner that was as informative as it was funny.

Should be fun to read Michelle's work in the newsletter.

Congrats

what are you talking about? You cant read :baiting:

Ok, this might be a weird question (but then again, on this board nothing is really weird), but I've seen Michelle Nolan mentioned a few times as Mike/Michelle Nolan in some of the comic reference books.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a twin brother, so I'm guessing either "Mike" was her pen name or there was some sort of "life altering change" in her past ? (shrug)

If not, why the Mike/Michelle note ?

I'm one of Nolan's top fans. She writes great material, and even though I don't collect Romance, I'm going to get that book.

I keep waiting for Gemstone to issue an illustrated compendium of all her writings. I think it would be a great book.

Red