• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WAY off topic, but holy cr#p, I'm going to be a DAD!

39 posts in this topic

It's official, the wife and I are having a little buckaroo! Now excuse me while I go shout it from the rooftops...

...then I'll come back and figure out how to baby-proof 10,000 comics.

Jeff

Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Keep them in a large locked closet.

Are you talking about the kids 893whatthe.gif

Congrats

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. I can't wait to meet the little guy or girl. It does raise some troubling questions though...will the kid collect Marvel or DC? Golden Age or Silver Age? Restored or unrestored? Will cream to off-white pages be acceptable to the next generation? Boy, there's gonna be so much for this kid to learn.

Congratulations!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The day that he born buy a book and when he gets older tell him that you buy that book on the way to the hospital, :0)

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. I can't wait to meet the little guy or girl. It does raise some troubling questions though...will the kid collect Marvel or DC? Golden Age or Silver Age? Restored or unrestored? Will cream to off-white pages be acceptable to the next generation? Boy, there's gonna be so much for this kid to learn.

You'll be too busy buying holographic video games to worry about it, but congrats on the upcoming new arrival.

If there's one thing kids give you, it's true impression of time passing. It's amazing and scary all at once... grin.gif893whatthe.gif

Now, to ensure that he/she is raised properly, you'll want to start shopping around for

- Carl Barks reprints - they build strong minds in 12 ways!

- Spidey pajamas - non-flammable, but no asbestos, of course

- Hulk bib - no infant is complete without one

- Batman junior utility belt - how else will the kid get outta the crib to poddy-train itself in the middle of the night?

- Sugar & Spike decoder ring (that's for YOU, so you'll know what he/she is saying at the 6-month milestone, way before the wife does!)

CONGRATULATIONS! flowerred.gif

My suggestion for babyproofing your comics would be to give him/her a distraction. Things like your Ming vase or Picasso collection. I find that toddlers absolutely LOVE the china cabinet.

Speaking of him/her...let us know when you find out if you are having a boy or a girl! wink.gif

Cooliosity and heary congratulations! And I see you are attending to the proper questions! grin.gif Expose the wee one to all the genres/ages and let them choose! And don't you dare , when precode horror is selected, start trying to talk up another genre! grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

Hey, I almost missed this post.

Congrats, NM.

Or can I call you 9.4?

Anyway...congrats, 9.4 893applaud-thumb.gif

Remember, comics make great bedtime stories. And your child will enjoy them too. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My 4 year old loves Marvel aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

Seriously though....congrats. There is nothing better in life than a kid. They add more to your life than you do to theirs.

They do cause a mountain of grief though....the 4 year old is in a state of disbelief at the moment because I had to tell him that Hulk and Spiderman aren't real after he had got into a major fight with his pre school teacher over this subject. frown.gif

They do cause a mountain of grief though....the 4 year old is in a state of disbelief at the moment because I had to tell him that Hulk and Spider-man aren't real after he had got into a major fight with his pre school teacher over this subject. frown.gif

If you really loved your kid, you'd go rent a Spider-man costume and go to his pre-k class and kick the [!@#%^&^] out of his teacher in front of the whole class

J.D.

He has already been banned from wearing his spidey costume......they got sick and tired of him climbing the walls etc etc etc.

If I went to the school to protect my sons fantasies then I would go as the Dark Knight because as we all know.......HE IS REAL. cloud9.gif

He has already been banned from wearing his spidey costume......they got sick and tired of him climbing the walls etc etc etc.

If I went to the school to protect my sons fantasies then I would go as the Dark Knight because as we all know.......HE IS REAL. cloud9.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

WTG Mint...

In my personal experience, the BEST part about married life, or life itself for that matter, is having kids. When you grow up and meet the girl of your dreams, you feel like you are in love. Believe me when I tell you that that feeling is nothing compared to the love you will feel towards your kids. The rest of you guys should try it.

Congrats again. 893applaud-thumb.gif

They do cause a mountain of grief though....the 4 year old is in a state of disbelief at the moment because I had to tell him that Hulk and Spider-man aren't real after he had got into a major fight with his pre school teacher over this subject. frown.gif

If you really loved your kid, you'd go rent a Spider-man costume and go to his pre-k class and kick the [!@#%^&^] out of his teacher in front of the whole class

sign-funnypost.gif

Actually, you'd think most kids would be breathing a sigh of relief that The Hulk wasn't going to come twist their swing-set into a pretzel any moment... This is a kid who not only believes in Spidey and the Hulk, he views them as buddies! He's off to a flying start... 893applaud-thumb.gif