• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

If you look through this thread they have some great frames that include all 3 in one frame. They look great, but custom framing can get expensive fast.

They indeed do. I saw that it was like... 200 for the museum quality class in one instance for the 3 image ones :makepoint:

I'm not sure how to do it either because 2 are 11x17 and one is only a comic size. (shrug) The balance is going to be an issue and I don't know how good they will lay it out at Michael's. I mean... it is 70% off here, but still this might be pricey.

If you look through this thread they have some great frames that include all 3 in one frame. They look great, but custom framing can get expensive fast.

They indeed do. I saw that it was like... 200 for the museum quality class in one instance for the 3 image ones :makepoint:

I'm not sure how to do it either because 2 are 11x17 and one is only a comic size. (shrug) The balance is going to be an issue and I don't know how good they will lay it out at Michael's. I mean... it is 70% off here, but still this might be pricey.

If it were me to do this.I would set the comic in the center with the art on each side.

I cant decide and thought Id try to get some opinions.

Which do you prefer, double matted white with black underneath ? or a single matte thats black with a white groove cut around ?

I first chose black, but then went back to the store and asked to put it on hold so i could think about it lol

20120204_135519.jpg

20120204_135528.jpg20120204_135510.jpg

The second choice looks better...sharper. Did you try a small red mat underneath? Might be pretty cool looking with the red in the cards...

Maybe a black matte with a red core, then cut a red groove in hm

Edited by Crows

I got it back!! This was a grail off mine that I sold a while ago to pay for my wife's wedding ring. I never expected to get it back but suddenly things lined up, sold a piece had, discovered this was for sale and then, boom...it's hanging back up on the wall in its old frame! I'm super stoked!

Ultimate-Wolverine-vs-Hulk-.jpg

Framed up Captain Pooh by Charles Paul Wilson III. Museum conservation glass and CA blue matte. With frame, 9 1/2 by 10 1/2.

DSC00472.jpg

Dan

Nice cartoon image. Every time I see this picture, it makes me think of Homer Simpson as a kid (wearing a Cap America playsuit). :)

Framed up Captain Pooh by Charles Paul Wilson III. Museum conservation glass and CA blue matte. With frame, 9 1/2 by 10 1/2.

DSC00472.jpg

Dan

Nice cartoon image. Every time I see this picture, it makes me think of Homer Simpson as a kid (wearing a Cap America playsuit). :)

Ha! That's perfect! I'll pass that along to Charles!

Dan

Posted this in the first OA piece thread, but thought I'd post it here, as well.

A couple years ago in Montreal, I had dinner with Darwyn Cooke, Mike Allred, Cameron Stewart, the guys running the convention and a bunch of friends.

Darwyn Cooke said he was very sad he wasn't going to get a chance to get Schwartz Montreal smoked meat while he was there.

The next day I brought him, his wife, and Mr and Mrs Allred Schwartz for lunch. Darwyn was so pleased he gave me this sketch out of his book. It's what got me started on OA.

Darwyn%20Cooke%20Catwoman.JPG

My other professionally framed piece as well;

Steve%20Scott%20Batman%20Batman%20710%20Pg.%204-5.JPGhttp://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=861603&GSub=126477

I really need a better picture of this one.

Edited by wolf_2099

Those look awesome (worship)

I was walking around the Calgary show, thinking I wanted a nice Batman piece and saw this portfolio opened to that Batman page, but it was folded in half.

I looked at it, he told me price and I thought that was a pretty good price. Then he took it out, showed me it was a double page spread and I think all I said was "wow, sold".

The framing cost more than the damn artwork. It's the only downside to this hobby. Custom framing is ungodly expensive.