• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

I finally broke down and took some of my art to the local frame shop a couple of weeks ago. They were ready for pickup yesterday. Now that I've got them hanging in my comic room, I'm glad I decided to get them framed :)

p1010005-6.jpg

p1010004-9.jpg

p1010003-10.jpg

p1010002-9.jpg

p1010001-6.jpg

I finally got some more stuff framed now that I have painted my bed room. I have come to the conclusion that I really don't have enough wall space.

This is the cover to Identity Disc 5 by Andy Brase and my favorite published piece by him. Loads of villains and lots of detail. He doesn't get enough work.

IDcoverframed.jpg

This piece is pretty large. It's the cover to Spider-Man Valley fo the Lizard by Julie Bell.

valleylizardframed.jpg

Ok since I am a newbie here, let me post my art.My light reflects from the camera angle I take. I also cropped the frame because I felt the pictures did not come out good.

I will try to line up all my art and take better pictures of them when my time permits.

I also have 3 more art pieces that are still in the framing shop so will snap those when they arrive. In the meantime, here is what I have so far:

Man of Steel 4, John Byrne and Giordano

sCIMG1039.jpg

Detective Comics 876, Jock

sCIMG1040.jpg

Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams Volume 3 Splash

sCIMG1038.jpg

World of Smallville 1, Kurt Schaffenberger and Alfredo Alcala

sCIMG1037.jpg

I decided to line up my art collection and here it is:

Framed-All.jpg

I also want to get your opinions, what is a better way of matting the art?

With the company logos and page numbers like this....

Framed-Andru-Action.jpg

..or just without anything and straight to the strip like this...

Framed-Swan-Superman.jpg

Opinions greatly appreciated since I am still a newbie here.

Thanks.

Edited by jick

To me it's not a cover if it doesn't have the stats. For the panel page, I have the mat cut to the art area. Only time I leave room to show the other stuff is if there's a significant reason to (artist's signature, important note from editor, etc). Mostly I like seeing the art as it was intended to be published. There are exceptions like with some painted covers but not many.

Thank you all for your opinions, they are much appreciated. I am keeping the Detective cover with the stats. My DC Retroactive Batman cover by Mandrake is too beautiful and detailed though to include stats. Besides it would hide the artist's signature based on the location of the text.