• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many G.I. Joe fans we got out here....

25 posts in this topic

Big G.I. Joe fan here...only comic collection i want to collect. Going to try to get the whole collection in 9.6 or better so far i have gotten the first and last issue in 9.6 and still looking for the hard copy of #21 with snakes to find in mint condition.

Big G.I. Joe fan here...only comic collection i want to collect. Going to try to get the whole collection in 9.6 or better so far i have gotten the first and last issue in 9.6 and still looking for the hard copy of #21 with snakes to find in mint condition.

Sweet!

Love GIJOE stuff myself. Had a bunch of the books when I was a kid in the 80's but was way more into the toys.

Have thoughts of starting an AFA graded Viper collection to snag all the Vipers but the only one I snagged thus far was the Cobra Mamba's driver - Gyro Viper as you can't get him carded I got a loose AFA 8.0 figure of him. They are pretty expensive as well so may take some time.

Welcome to the boards though and Good Luck in your quest!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

GI Joe comics are what originally got me into collecting as a kid! My brother and I were obsessed with everything GI Joe. I still have all the toys but some are not in the best shape. I do, however, have close to a complete run of the comics in raw 9.2 and up! The first 100 issues are always a fun read when you're feeling nostalgic!

-William

I have quite a few of the books which I would be happy to trade with anybody who want them.

Don't want to offend anybody, but I never had an interest in any war books so I am happy to trade them

I prefer to trade for 4 colors, but will tryade for any semi key marvel or DC books

I have every issue to date (Marvel 1-155, Special Missions 1-28, Image/DDP 1-43, DDP 1-31 or so of the current) and I love Joe. I used to have all the DVD's but sold them on ebay. Yo Joe is all I can really say. I have been collecting the 25th Anniversary figures and they are awesome!!! You guys should check out the current DDP series and try to get back into it. It has really picked up from the early Image stuff. The WW storyline is great and pretty easy to jump on in. PS It was announced earlier this week that Larry Hama is indeed going to have some input on the GI JOE movie. That really eases my mind and I hope they can turn this project around.

Ma bad. Not really a GI Joe fan. Has a great name though :D

I have this if anyone is interested..

G.I. JOE #1-2 MIA. DYNAMIC FORCES 004/199

1f6e_1.JPG

2060_1.JPG

I was a fan of the early GI Joe comics, but was curious on why the last 5 issues of the series (#150-155 last issue) are so much more expensive in the guides. Were they that short printed that they justify the prices?

I was a fan of the early GI Joe comics, but was curious on why the last 5 issues of the series (#150-155 last issue) are so much more expensive in the guides. Were they that short printed that they justify the prices?

Yep, the later 15 to 20 issues all had lower printings, especially the last 6. They are not hard to find by any means, but the demand outweighs the supply. Guide on those last 5 or 6 is actually 50% low compared to sales over the past 6 months. I think fans are jumping on them now before the movie potentially drives up prices even more.

I had 5 copies of #155 and sold 4 of them on ebay for over $50 each (one hit $75). Even the extra #154's that I had fetched decent coin. The 1992 GI Joe special with the Macfarlene Snake eyes cover is REALLY tough to find. I will scan mine later and post it.

I loved the G.I. Joe comic in the 80s, especially issues in the 10-40 range. I had other comics before it, but my earliest memory of actually picking a comic off the rack myself is of G.I. Joe #10. It was my favorite title for a couple years before I became more interested in other titles.

Must have for any GI Joe collector...tough to find. BTW this is not my auction, there are 3 available on ebay between the ebay stores and auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/G-I-Joe-Special-1-CGC-9-6-White-Pages_W0QQitemZ260209453198QQihZ016QQcategoryZ35762QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think I had the 1st 9.8 and 9.6 and got like $500 and $300 for them. The book is nearly impossible to find.

15-30 was my favorite run, lots happening during those.

I loved the G.I. Joe comic in the 80s, especially issues in the 10-40 range. I had other comics before it, but my earliest memory of actually picking a comic off the rack myself is of G.I. Joe #10. It was my favorite title for a couple years before I became more interested in other titles.