• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Forumites who own a Wii

44 posts in this topic

Just bought the kids a PS2.

I just found out that PS2 has Rock Band as a game :banana:

If you havent demo'd Rock Band, its Guitar Hero on steroids with a drum kit, bass, and a mic. Im going to buy one as soon as I can afford it!

Arex

I'm still an XBoxer, though I find I'm going through games very quickly these days. Halo 3 didn't last for me at all. I actually just traded it in at Blockbuster and got NBA Live '08 . I'm enjoying the Dynasty mode on that a great deal. It definitely has longer-lasting appeal for me than Halo did. (And don't even get me started on BioShock which everyone loves... except me!)

I think that NBA Live game might be available on Wii as well. If it is, it might be worth a look, maybe. If not then this is a wasted post!

So... does the basic Wii system only comes with one motion-controller? I just want to make sure that my wife and I can both play tennis or games like that together.

Yes, it comes with only one controller and nunchuk. If you buy the WiiPlay game, it comes with another controller(no nunchuk though).

I went to the local computer swap meet on the weekend with a friend to get our Wii's chipped.

His was an old version Wii which allowed the basic 8 wire mod to be done. It cost him $70 to get it chipped.

Mine is a brand new version requiring a 32 wire chip to be installed. Its going to set me back $170.

I held off on getting mine done because I am sure that I can get it for $150

Time will tell...

So... does the basic Wii system only comes with one motion-controller? I just want to make sure that my wife and I can both play tennis or games like that together.

Yes, the basic game comes with the Sports package and one controller. But you can buy a "WII-Play" combo of a second controller and several additional games for about the same price as an extra controller. You'll need to buy an extra second "nunchuk" if you want two-person play for boxing and some other games.

I bought this for my family for Christmas and hit has been a big hit with the wife nd teenage daughter. I like the golf so I am thinking about Tiger Woods. Kym loves tennis. Madee the teen daughter and her boyfriend want me to get guitar hero and I will. They alos share cheats they learn about on the internet and from friends. Robbie the 15-month old loves to hold a controller in his hand and wave his arms around and giggle while Daddy plays. That is fun.