• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new grading company announced today!

141 posts in this topic

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 31, 2008

A new comic book grading company threw their hat into the ring today. BGC (Bathroom Graded Comics)

has begun accepting comic books to be graded and certified. Led by Texas dealer Ricardo Evanston, they

hope to become a force in the industry.

Evanston, a local legend, is known for his uncanny ability to grade while in the powder room. His private

bathroom, also known as "The Grading Room" has already become a tourist attraction.

bedrockstart.jpg

A state of the art grading laboratory was just completed on the outskirts of Houston as he is preparing to

take his talents to the next level. Ladies and Gentlemen.....

bgclogox.jpg

Here are some of the exciting features that will quickly make BGC a contender.

bedrockfeature2.gif

lol

Don't know how I missed this back in '08, but I know I WON'T be shopping for an All Select #1 from Mr Bedrock any time soon. :P:sick:

Man, this reminds me of a great Evan Dorkin interview that was in the Comics Journal about 10 years or so ago.

The anecdote I remember was he and some friends were going around to some comic shops in the NYC area, and one shop in particular, the staff was less then helpful, never heard of MAGE when asked (and the clerk had the Mage lightening bolt cutout hanging above his head at the register).

The books in the back were beat and dirty, and one of Evan's friends picked up a comic that had actual FECAL MATERIAL on it.

The rest of the day, they were calling him " mitts."

Man, this reminds me of a great Evan Dorkin interview that was in the Comics Journal about 10 years or so ago.

The anecdote I remember was he and some friends were going around to some comic shops in the NYC area, and one shop in particular, the staff was less then helpful, never heard of MAGE when asked (and the clerk had the Mage lightening bolt cutout hanging above his head at the register).

The books in the back were beat and dirty, and one of Evan's friends picked up a comic that had actual FECAL MATERIAL on it.

The rest of the day, they were calling him " mitts."

:o:sick: That is both disgusting & funny as HELL! :roflmao:

:shy:

Hard to believe this was 2 years ago. :preach:lol

I haven't been on the boards that long, and I've always enjoyed your digital manipulator magic, but this thread was/is my all-time favorite of yours (although I do recall the multitude of Tupennys was pretty good too :gossip:). This BGC thread has prompted me, more than once, to truly laugh out loud in a hearty and invigorating fashion. :hail:

Dear Ricardo,

I am a long time collector with an extensive collection of mint delights. My books go WAY back. I have a death of superman book in the bag, the Batman book where they busted him like a twig, and a collectors copy of Ren and Stimpy # 1. Is it true that the material you use to protect the comics is microwave safe? Sometimes I like to read while having a chilli dog or two. Knowing I can heat up them dogs on the sealed book will save me time and money. I may be your biggest fan!

How do I know the fine collectibles I mail to you in crapville or turdcreek, will be handled with care? Heck you could be a scam artist? what guarantee do I have that the books I send in are the books I get back? Do you have an local folks that can verify your skill and reputation in this new business? Do you offer a pre screen service? My dog, Mr. Jingles, just busted the screen out of my back porch door. I need some screen work done and I need it fast, Can you call me to discuss your fee?

Dale in Dogweed, LA

Ricardo is an inspiration to me. Because of his drive and determination, I too will be living my dream......Professional comic grader ( in training) I may be a professional grader by Monday. I signed up for the grading seminar/class at my local saloon and the proprietor, dead eye Dugan, promised be a certifcate of completeion for my $ 750.00 tuition fee, and the guarantee that I would date his horse faced sister for a week. Dead eye is a legend in the comic grading community. Before he lost his sight is a freak bass fishing incident, he was on target for grader of the year 1977. Yes, back then, he was a real pro. With old dead eye in my corner, like Rocky, I am sure to be a top performer.

Yep, things are looking up!